Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

New guy with questions...

Tags
p32
2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  rmcnelly 
#1 · (Edited)
I just ordered a Nickel Boron P32 from Buds and have a few questions for the experienced owners.

1. Any left side belt clip (that attaches to the frame) owners here? I'm considering using one for small of the back carry, thinking this would be an easier right handed draw since the fingers can slip past and grab the grip easily. Does the left clip interfere with or hit your right thumb when shooting?

2. I thought I saw mention of a +2 magazine extension (but the pic looked just like the +1), but cannot find one on the web. Do these exist, and if so where may they be purchased?

3. Suggestions for best pricing for spare magazines?

It seems like I keep getting smaller and smaller pocket guns, couple of J-frames, a 938 (awesome shooter but heavy), even a Beretta Jetfire (8+1 .25 ACP, but is thicker and even unloaded is heavier than a loaded P32).

Discussion starter · #3 ·
What's a "left clip" ?

At some point (generally, IMO, at the +1 magazines) worrying about capacity over concealability takes you over the line of using a lower power cartridge than you otherwise could.

In other words, if you are putting a +2 magazine on a P-32, you are probably giving up concealability to the point where you could have gone with a 9mm. Certainly a .380.

And in fact, these days a subcompact 9 is no more concealable than a .40 or .45, in exchange for 1 round.

Do I carry a P-32 ? You bet. When the difference in weight and size for pocket carry with dress pants for a .380 or 9 is impractical, I tote the .32. I don't handicap it with extra capacity mags. If I had that size/weight to play with, I'd go with the .380 or 9. I use the P-32 to go where the others can't go.

I edited the post to read "Left side belt clip (that attaches to the frame)".

Thank you for your thoughts on magazine extensions, my goals for concealed carry are based more on thin width, and light weight.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Discussion starter · #8 ·
I have yet to find a flatter pistol than the P-32, and it is the lightest pistol I own (non-NAA .22 class). Not to belabor the point, but putting a 10-rounder on that would make it heavier than my S&W BG380 and there's like 1/16" difference in width.

Maybe think instead about carry modes. What does a particular pistol/magazine combo allow/require, and work from there.

I still think if you're going with the extra weight of an extended mag you're better spending that weight on a caliber upgrade. BUT --- so long as you make an informed choice, you're at least making a decision that you know WHY you made it, relative to the alternatives. Then carry in peace (of mind).
I think what had me interested was a photo of what looked like the +1 mag extension but the poster was describing it as +2. I'm now certain it was the +1, which might be an acceptable length.

Just thinking about it, will likely keep the stock mag, and just ordered a spare one from Midway.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I carry left belt clip on my p32 with KT +1 extension. Have CT laser, carry iwb some or in pocket with uncle mike pocket holster.
Thanks, If you shoot right handed does the clip interfere, or hit your thumb during recoil?

Another poster advised against carrying it the way I planned as there is a risk the fingers could engage the trigger during the draw.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Have you found answers on all your questions?
1. Decided against the belt clip for now having received the P32 and disliked the idea after seeing how difficult it would be to draw when clipped inside the waistband. I already have a front pocket holster that is useable, and have purchased a rear pocket holster from www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com. It keeps everything very thin, but complicates the draw, so I may get one of the standard models here, like the one I have for the Jetfire:

http://pocketholsters.com/Kel-Tec_Pocket-Wallet_Holster/kel-tec_pocket-wallet_holster.html

2. The magazine I saw described as +2 was actually the +1, but will keep the stock one to keep the package small.

3. Already purchased a spare mag.

I've filed the sharp edges off the trigger, and sanded down the sharp checkering and grooves on the grip which were abrading my hand when gripping it tight. Painted the front sight, and it's been accurate and 100% reliable with the first 150 rounds of Fiocchi FMJ shot thru it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.