New guy with p3at questions

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Skunkedagain, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Skunkedagain

Skunkedagain New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Which belt clip do I need if I want to carry the gun on my right hip inside the waistband? Also, I am from Ohio and will be taking the CCW course next week. I think I read somewhere that according to the Ohio CCW law the gun had to be carried in a holster. Anyone know for sure? THX

2. Kahrbarian

Kahrbarian New Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Can't help you on the belt clip. Yes, Ohio law states the firearm has to be in a holster. I'm looking for a P3AT myself and am having trouble finding one locally in Lorain Cty. I probably will be getting the DeSantis Nemeis for my P3AT. I have a couple of them for my Kahrs and they work well with pocket carry.

Congrats on getting your ccw license soon!

3. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Pretty sure you want the right hand model.

4. msrdiver1

msrdiver1 New Member

Jan 20, 2008
    The belt clip is nice for a pocket carrying. I don't like it for in the pants carry. As for the better holster for OHIO, hmmm, buy the one that fits the 3AT with the Arma-laser. Please check out their widget. I like the fact that the printing, shape of a gun, is almost nonexistent in lightweight pants. Also I have better recovery between shots with the added, 1.3 oz., under the barrel. Expensive it is but so worth it.

Practice with cheap ammo, but maybe stay away from magtech. I can not empty a clip without a FTE with that cheap crap. Sellior and Bellot is also problematic with my 3-AT. PLEASE do carry heavy Remington golden sabers in the winter, goes through more clothes, and the all copper Corbon DPX in the summer. These Hp's have really round bullets and I have never had a FTF or FTE with either of them.

Enjoy and thanks for getting your CCW.

5. glenspalding

glenspalding New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    While I have not had the same problems with the ammo mentioned it does point out that some P3AT's prefer certain brands over others. So try as many as you can, after all you want to shoot it anyway, and you will find what works best for your 3AT.