Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, took my new P3-AT to the range today. It should be noted that yesterday, I did a "fluff & buff" and extensive lubrication.

On a whim, started with the Remington JHP's (the ones that have the almost round nose) and for the first 30 rnds, there were no problems. At about 45 rnds, got my first fail to eject, followed by a few fail to feed, the kind that only needs a push on the slide to go into battery. Changed to the Winchester truncated cone and had several more fails, by now I have shot about 60 rnds. Changed to round nose ball ammo and had two failures and when I was around the 85th round, something happened and it was like magic, all failures ceased.

I decided to have some fun and started loading the magazine, alternating the cartridges, first the round nose, then the HP, then the truncated cone and repeat.

In total I fired 150 rounds and at the end, there were no failures of any kind.

One thing though, I noticed the beginning of what I think is what you guys describe as "peening" (hope I spelled that right) but all told, I am sold on this little pistol, indeed a little gem, very suitable for pocket carry in hot weather and light clothes.

To you guys, thanks for the recommendations!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did a field strip and a F&B prior to the 1st range trip yesterday. I shot 100 rounds of Speer Lawman ammo. Total of 4 FTEs at rnd #20, 30, 42 and 61, no problem at all with the last 39 shots. I am very impressed with the accuracy, all shots were fired at 15 yds. I was shooting the smallest weapon there, but it sounded like the biggest, the guy shooting next to me looked over and asked me "what the hell is that thing"? ;D I did not take down yet for cleaning and inspection, I'll try to get it done tonight. Hopefully after break-in, the jams go away. Overall, I really like it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.