New Guy question on Service Life

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 3AXBAT, Feb 28, 2009.

1. 3AXBAT

3AXBAT New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    So what is the expected service life of the 3AT?  I know there are variables, how often you clean (and lube), how much +P you use, but roughly speaking, is it a 5,000 round gun, 10,000 or what?

2. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Clean once evry two weeks and after every shoot, wipe off daily.
    .380 +P, no such thing
    Kel Tec rates it at 6000 rounds BUT.....

It has a lifetime warranty so I rate it at, forever

3. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I am relitively new also. My opinion is with lifetime warrante that even the barrel would be replaced if needed, I've only had mine for about a year with 400-500 rounds through it, that was just to become accustom to it. Have not been able to get to the range for some time now, I need to start going again. Good Luck. Tom :)

4. gapman

gapman New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    i would have to agree that if there is a lifetime warranty you have nothing to worry about. these guns are built to carry a ton and shoot a little. have fun with your new shooter and clean it after every range session
    john

5. 3AXBAT

3AXBAT New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Now what about the recoil spring(s)? How often do those get replaced, and is there a better source than straight from KelTec, such as Wolff?

6. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I suppose every 1000 rds. couldn't hurt. The good thing is Kel-Tec will probably ship them to you at no cost if you ask nicely.

7. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

Average life is 6k plus. with proper care it should be alot more. Bill at KT told me that the springs should last 6k rounds.

8. 3AXBAT

3AXBAT New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Great info, and right on target, so to speak. I've gotta say this is a mighty responsive forum. Thanks guys!