New guy (love my P3!)

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Jesse, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Jesse

Jesse New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Hey folks, I just discovered this board tonight and thought I'd say hi. I've been carrying a P3-AT v2 for about a year and absolutely love it. It was a tough sell in the early days, but the little monster has really grown on me. I pack it daily in the office in a R.J. Hedley KT AT-F/DX holster, and count it as one of two firearms on the planet that I would definitively stake my life on. I figure I've probably run somewhere between 1.5-2k rounds through it (with a ridiculously long perfect streak), and have been contemplating a second one or a 9mm KT.

I'm glad I found you guys - it's a great little gun and it's fun to find a community built around it!

2. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WOW! 2,000 rounds, and you just found us? Well, you're in the right place. Check out the PF9 as your next maybe...

Glad you're a fan, and glad you're here!

-Matt

3. Jesse

Jesse New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    I was looking at the PF9 last week at a shop, but it just doesn't feel as concealable in a pocket. Everything else I own is 9mm, but as much as I'd love to standardize I think I'll likely always own a P3. That is unless they can cram something between the size of the P3 and the PF9 in 9mm, then I might reconsider. Or I might just get the PM9 and let it grow on me. I think everything feels huge when one first starts carrying it, and the PM9 is probably no exception.

I'm probably not quite to 2k rounds yet. We manage to get to the range about 2-3 times a month, and I make sure to run at least one box through it every outing, sometimes more. For some reason I have a sick fascination with keeping a callus on the top of my thumb. If I don't shoot the P3 for a while it wussies me up some and I have to bleed a little. I'm sure you guys get it. Besides, the price is right to run the hell out of the little gun and just replace it when it comes apart, .380 ammo is pretty cheap, and it's crazy accurate at 25 yards.

4. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Glad you found this place. I am still pretty new myself, but all of these guys are great. Lots of really good info here to. Welcome to KTOG :)

5. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Welcome to the board! Most of the people who, when they first arrive, have maybe a hundred or so rounds through their guns. You casually stroll in with almost 2K rounds... :cool: Does the avatar mean you don't use windows or mac?

6. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Welcome.

Same question from me: "Does the avatar mean you don't use windows or mac?" :)

wyo-man

7. Jesse

Jesse New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    I sometimes use Windows, but only when playing a game or running another Win-only app. I'd say about 90% of my time, if not more, is spent in front of Ubuntu or Solaris. I do UNIX for a living, so it's just a better fit at home too.