New guy here

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by steve718, Jun 14, 2011.

1. steve718

steve718 New Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Figured this would be the best spot for an intro. Ive had a hard chrome P-3AT for over a year now and for once have no complaints with a gun! I won the pistol at a NRA banquet and I've been packing it since. I was somewhat weary after reading reviews and hearing FTE and FTF problems but ive had zero problems with mine (knock on wood). Ive shot strictly PMC bronze 95gr FMJ, Fiocchi 95 gr FMJ, or Fiocchi 95gr XTP with no issues. Im a beliver if you shoot crappy ammo you will have crappy results. In any event I've run around 1k rounds through mine and I recommend it to anyone looking for an everyday carry gun. In the meantime ill be lurking the PF-9 board for my next Kel-tec.
    Steve

2. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    Welcome. I also have a HC and have put 2000+ through it without any issues. Sure I have had a couple of FTE but only when the gun had already shot 100+ rounds. It eats any ammo I throw at it and is far more accurate than I ever expected.

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome to KTOG!

Glad to hear your P3AT is treating you right. Hard to beat the "price" you paid for the gun.

I've got two P3ATs. The first had a bunch of issues which led me here )this was a bunch of years ago) to get help with the issues. Got it up and running and liked it so much that I got a second P3AT in HC.

A reliable P3AT makes a great BUG and a good primary if you can't or won't carry something with more snot.

Bill K.

4. Toney_D

Toney_D Active Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Welcome and congrats!!!