Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Kel Tec yesterday and having read this forum for a while I was expecting a challenging afternoon at the range. As recommended by the shooters here I took the slide off and had a look inside. The barrel and chamber were a little dirty from the factory but everything else was clean and neat. I looked at it pretty hard with good light and a magnifying glass and I couldn’t see anything that seemed to need my help. I lubed it up with grease and oil in the appropriate places and went to shoot.

The first 100 rounds went without a problem. No “F’s” of any kind. I’m glad I don’t reload .380 because that gun throws the empties a long way. The only damage was a sore shooting hand. I’m happy with my .380 and if I do have a problem with it this is where I’ll come. I appreciate the good information here.
exbpo

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Welcome. Glad you had a good time. 100 rounds is a lot. I feel your pain, or at least remember how it felt. ;)

Now clean it , lube it, and shoot it some more. :D

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Welcome exbpo, as far as "challenging" If you have read here much, you Know the greates problem experanced is the addiction and the desire to "get a nother".

So give it a month or so and you'll be picking out your next KT ;)

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Don't lose the ejector when you clean it, keep the extractor spring bolt tight, lube, shoot, and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Bobo said:
Don't lose the extractor when you clean it, keep the ejector spring bolt tight, lube, shoot, and enjoy!!!

Uh, it's lose the ejector and keep the extractor bolt tight.

I know they both start with 'e'

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome.......I have told a few people that had "doubts" ...... KelTec has the P3AT product figured out and they now seem to be 100% out of the box. When I got mine a couple of years ago...if it had not been for this site I don't think I would have kept mine. I have probably 2,000 rds + through mine and it is 100%. I shoot a couple of mags each time I go to the range.

G

·
WELCOME exbpo......  glad you are plesased.

Now... Clean, Lube, Shoot, Repeat!

And heed the caution of JFB:

JFB said:
.... the greates problem experanced is the addiction and the desire to "get a nother".
So give it a month or so and you'll be picking out your next KT ;)
I had one:

Then Two:

Now I just added the third:

Oh yeah....Kel-Tec makes more than the 3AT:

That makes four in about six months!

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
RAT76 said:
[quote author=Bobo link=1188488247/0#3 date=1188489900]Don't lose the extractor when you clean it, keep the ejector spring bolt tight, lube, shoot, and enjoy!!!

Uh, it's lose the ejector and keep the extractor bolt tight.

I know they both start with 'e'[/quote]OOOPS, you're right - I'll fix it! :-[

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.