New guy and new gun

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by exbpo, Aug 30, 2007.

1. exbpo

exbpo New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    I bought my first Kel Tec yesterday and having read this forum for a while I was expecting a challenging afternoon at the range. As recommended by the shooters here I took the slide off and had a look inside. The barrel and chamber were a little dirty from the factory but everything else was clean and neat. I looked at it pretty hard with good light and a magnifying glass and I couldn’t see anything that seemed to need my help. I lubed it up with grease and oil in the appropriate places and went to shoot.

The first 100 rounds went without a problem. No “F’s” of any kind. I’m glad I don’t reload .380 because that gun throws the empties a long way. The only damage was a sore shooting hand. I’m happy with my .380 and if I do have a problem with it this is where I’ll come. I appreciate the good information here.
    exbpo

2. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Welcome. Glad you had a good time. 100 rounds is a lot. I feel your pain, or at least remember how it felt. ;)

Now clean it , lube it, and shoot it some more. :D

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome exbpo, as far as "challenging" If you have read here much, you Know the greates problem experanced is the addiction and the desire to "get a nother".

So give it a month or so and you'll be picking out your next KT ;)

4. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Don't lose the ejector when you clean it, keep the extractor spring bolt tight, lube, shoot, and enjoy!!!

5. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma

Uh, it's lose the ejector and keep the extractor bolt tight.

I know they both start with 'e'

6. kaltectom

kaltectom New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Welcome.......I have told a few people that had "doubts" ...... KelTec has the P3AT product figured out and they now seem to be 100% out of the box. When I got mine a couple of years ago...if it had not been for this site I don't think I would have kept mine. I have probably 2,000 rds + through mine and it is 100%. I shoot a couple of mags each time I go to the range.

7. WELCOME exbpo......  glad you are plesased.

Now... Clean, Lube, Shoot, Repeat!

And heed the caution of JFB:

I had one:
    [​IMG]

Then Two:
    [​IMG]

Now I just added the third:
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah....Kel-Tec makes more than the 3AT:
    [​IMG]

That makes four in about six months!

8. exbpo

exbpo New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Thanks for the welcome. I do understand gun addictions. A friend has a PF-9 for sale. Oh no....
    exbpo

9. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005

Uh, it's lose the ejector and keep the extractor bolt tight.

I know they both start with 'e'[/quote]OOOPS, you're right - I'll fix it! :-[