Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in the 09 Suburban the other day for a low miles 10 F-350. I will now be able to pull a large gooseneck with the fifth wheel (looking at RV trailers), and I can throw an ATV in the bed instead of pulling one on a trailer. This is huge for hunting up in the mountains off the logging trails.

2010 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.4L Diesel FX4x4, DRW, Long-Box, 8,380 miles

The bed gets sprayed with Line-X bed liner next week, followed by a Pace Edwards Bedlocker electric tonneau cover with rails for load bars. The inside is getting a Pioneer AVIC-140 7" touch screen media/navigation system.

It outta haul some guns.

Attachments

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
AAWWSSSUUUMMM!!!
Nice truck. ENJOY.

Congrats.

Jim

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I hate you right now but in a good way. ;)

Nice looking truck, I really like the Superdutys.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Now that you've got it into a parking place, best to just leave it there. Those beasts can be a bear to park until you get used to 'em.

Nice truck!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That back up camera is pretty nice. I had one on my Suburban too. I'm going to integrate a front camera on it as well. The Pioneer nav system will allow for AV inputs.

While I don't offroad in the true sense of it, I do head up the fire roads which were tearing up the Suburban. The width won't be so much a problem there, but the length may be (trying to get it turned around...LOL).

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Congrats!!
Can't go wrong with an F-350 Dually.
The 'Bass Pro' edition a couple years back came with an Under rear Seat Rod/Rifle locker. I don't know if they're available as an After-Market, but it might be worth checking.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
A hybrid, right? :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice truck, now get some tunes for it (DP tuner).

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice truck, now get some tunes for it (DP tuner).
Won't plate off the EGR or do a DPF delete and tune on it until the factory warranty is dead. The EPA robbed Peter to pay Paul with those two inventions.

i.e. Lower emissions but kill MPG. We'll kill volume of emissions expelled by making it up in volume of fuel you have to burn. Idiots.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
That's a really nice truck. Nothing quite rides like a big truck does. The bumps and the holes seem to disappear. You usually can't even feel the Smart cars when you run over the top of them either in a nice big truck. :D

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks!

I parked next to a Prius yesterday and when I came back, the Prius was pregnant. I did have to pick a Smart Car out of my suspension a few days ago.

:D

·
Registered
9,395 Posts
Thanks!

I parked next to a Prius yesterday and when I came back, the Prius was pregnant. I did have to pick a Smart Car out of my suspension a few days ago.

:D
Yeah, I know what you mean. I feel the same way about those little f-350's. :D

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I know what you mean. I feel the same way about those little f-350's. :D
LOP,

You must be driving one of those big rigs. :D

When the dealer gave me the keys for a couple of days to make up my mind, I parked it outside my cigar shop. A guy walks out of the diner next door and asked if I had already bought it? He had an identical fully loaded F-450 he was selling, and he said he'd sell it for the same price. I could have gotten the 450 with the navigation package and 14,000 more miles for the same price. I almost felt guilty thinking about a 450. LOL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts