new gun/member range report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by baa5000, Oct 13, 2008.

1. baa5000

baa5000 New Member

Sep 21, 2008
    So I picked up my new 2G blued P3AT on friday and got a chance to run some rounds through it saturday. Over all I was pretty impressed and am VERY happy with it. I opened it up first and had a look inside but didn't do a F&B because everything looked pretty good to me. Put 25 rounds of Golden Saber and 50 of some cheap fmj. I had 2 light strikes with the GS that left a mark in the primer but both worked when I ran them back through. Could this have been caused by me not letting the trigger reset all the way?

I also had 2 jams where the spent casing only partially ejected but this was fixed with a tap/rack/roll. Could that have been limp wristing?

I still can't get over how small it really is. It's exactly what I was hoping for, a gun that I can comfortably and concealably take with me anywhere and everywhere. I've been keeping it in my back pocket in a desantis holster and no one has been the wiser. Certainly not a comfortable gun to shoot more than a few rounds through and I wasn't very accurate with it at much distance. But thats not what it was made for, it was made for close up self defense and in that it performs brilliantly.

I'm looking to add the Armalaser and get a cera-hide coating from CCR. Does anyone have experience with them? Would you recommend the stainless steel or BTM (resembles nickle) coloring with a black grip? Thanks for running a great board! Without the info I got here I probably wouldn't have gotten one!

2. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    ok, first the light strikes are probably short stroking. second, the FTE's are more than likely limp wristing, hey we all do it. Try a mag extension, and a hand all jr. or something.

third, i whole heartedly recommend a armalaser. rick is a great guy to deal with.

fourth, I can not say enough good about ccr. brad is a great guy to deal with and did a phenomenal job on my p3at slide and barrel. You would never know it had issues when I sent it to him, and he did a great job.....

welcome to the newest member of your family. pics are required.

3. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Yeah, what he said :) Welcome to ktog!