Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

New Gen 2 .40 S&W in Glock 19/23

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  3wbdriver 
When by my local Gun shop looking at some .308's when I saw a Sub2000 on the shelf. They had several this month but all were Berretta 92. I already have a Gen 1 in Glock .40, but I wanted Gen 2 to go with my Gen 2 9mm Glock. While checking to make sure my old Glock mags would fit (22 rd) I noticed that my 9mm Glock mags would also fit and vice versa. The bolt is marked in real small letters 40 S&W. Am I wrong that you can load 9 mm Glock mag into 40 Cal and .40 Glock mags into 9mm SUB2000. My .40 S&W is marked Glock 19/23 and my 9mm is marked 17/22. I don't think the 40 will fit into the 9's chamber, but maybe the 9 might chamber in the 40.
Most same manufacturer 9mm and .40 S&W magazines have the same bodies. The OAL of the rounds are the same. It's what made a conversion to .40 S&W so popular when it was first released. All you had to do was slightly rework the slide and drop in a larger barrel. In fact a lot of original .40 S&W guns were issued with 9mm magazines until the supply chain caught up. The only REAL difference in most is a slightly shorter feed lip on the .40 magazine to allow the larger round to pop up and in line with the chamber sooner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.