Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my sub 2000 on point for elevation but when I went to adjust it for windage I found all I had for windage adjustment was a screw on the back of the front sight body. I turned it in the correct direction and got the windage on but I neither felt or heard any sort of detent and wonder how I can keep it from drifting.

·
Registered
296 Posts
There is a small spring loaded plunger underneath the steel screw that you turned. But, if you shoot it enough, it will drift, and eventually the steel screw will hog out the aluminum sight body.

One cheap fix is to set the sight how you want it, then flood the cavity with an epoxy. Once set, that will be the setting ad infinitum. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a small spring loaded plunger underneath the steel screw that you turned. But, if you shoot it enough, it will drift, and eventually the steel screw will hog out the aluminum sight body.

One cheap fix is to set the sight how you want it, then flood the cavity with an epoxy. Once set, that will be the setting ad infinitum. :)
Lock Tite work ok?

·
Registered
118 Posts
best way to apply it and the brand you think is best?
I would get one of the self mixing epoxy products. That way you can just inject just the right amount of mixed epoxy into the cavity.

If it were me, I would first see if there was a reason why the windage detent isn't working. My S2K definitely has a detent. It is gentle, but it is there. Maybe yours is missing the detent spring or the detent itself.

·
Registered
891 Posts
What he said is logical , once you glue it. You'll need a whole new sight if you have to change ammo for any reason.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The front sights do work, but by about 10K, they will be trashed. Then you have to get a new one (they will mail you one) from KT or buy something. Change in POI between ammo is minimal. Every front sight on the Sub2000s we used for American Marksman had to be changed out at some point. A few kind of flew apart.

The Epoxy fix is just one fix and may not be what some want to do, but it works well, and long term. Yes, a two part epoxy that self mixes when you push the plunger works the best. Devcon and LockTite both make that type of epoxy. You don't need the industrial grade, or the machinable grade or even the HD grade.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Wow, I'm glad to hear you had S2Ks with more than 10,000 rounds on them. I've never heard of one with that kind of round count before. But thats good information to have , now I know I can shoot it all I want and not have to worry about wearing it out. Replaceing the front sight every 10,000 or so rounds doesn't sound like it would be much of a bother. Thanks for the information .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.