Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, call me crazy but yesterday I got the new Fobus Evolution paddle holster #KT-2G and I kinda like it. It just came out this spring and got it from a store in Salina KS. on E-Bay for a bid of 19.95. At first I was not going to tell any of you guys but then figered, what the heck, I can take the bashing. I know, made in Israel, not the U.S., and I realize that most of you might say if you were going to do a paddle holster, it would be for something bigger then our P-3`s. Well, right now all I have and really feel I need is my P-3. I will still do front pocket carry in my trusty $10 Pocket Pal most of the time and this will just be another way to go. This holster is pretty neat though, very small of course, Weighs less than 2 ounces, comfortable to wear and has an adjustable retention system. Geez. I`m sorry, I did not to mean to sound like I`m trying to sell these things and did not mean for this post to be so long. And forgive me if this should have been on the Accessories Topic. :-/ Ok , I`m done. Please be gentle with me, I`m old. :p

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Hey Flounder, where's the pics? ;D

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
TxCajun said:
Hey Flounder, where's the pics?   ;D
the correct usage would be "where are the pics?"  You see "where's" is a contraction for "where is" which is singular and "pics" is plural.  Subject verb agreement is very important in our language.

wyo-man said:
We might be more gentle on you if you had photos.............
3 ...s would be appropriate. It either indicates a trailing thought or represents blocks of text left out.  

OH WAIT A MINUTE; WRONG THREAD.  Sorry guys.   :-[

-Scott
PS.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I could post picks pics but I`m just too dumb or maybe too lazy to figger out how to do it. Wife says she will show me how one day, but sorry for now. If anyone wants to see one, go the E- bay, They are called the E-2 Evolution and the fobus # is KT-2G.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don`t know. Fobus states on their info. that comes with the holster that, and I quoite, All holsters can cause holster wear therefore we can not be responsible for damage to the firearm finish. I guess if you drew your pistol 10 times a day it might. I have been trying to perfect my draw from this one for two days now and see no sign of damage on my parkered slide. Being able to adjust the retention of the holster should help some. Also your draw should be straight up in direction of the slite forward cant and needs to be quick and without hesitation. Sorry, here I go again.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
It's been my experience that the hard plastic holsters like the Fobus and those made of Kydex do wear bluing off much faster then leather or nylon holsters.
But only when allowed to get dusty / dirty inside.

If you keep your gear clean, so there is no abrasive dust & grit inside the holster, they are no worse then any other type.

rcmodel

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
rcmodel said:
It's been my experience that the hard plastic holsters like the Fobus and those made of Kydex do wear bluing off much faster then leather or nylon holsters.
Do you think the hard chrome would eventually wear down as well? I like the idea of the Fobus holster but when I read that it wears the finish I kind of decided I didn't want one. But I have a hard chrome gun and I would like to know how it would fare in a Fobus.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
namesJax said:
How many inches below the belt is exposed with this new holster ?
1 and 3/4 in. of holster is exposed below the bottom of my belt. The length of the holster that your pistol sit in is 2 and 3/4 in. long and the overall length of the entire holster, paddle and all is 4 and 1/2 in. Hope this helps. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.