New faster platform with new features

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Tech Admin, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Tech Admin

Tech Admin New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    There has been some discussion recently of coming improvements, including making
    the board run faster and perhaps moving to a more modern system with additional features.
    As has been discussed, the script we had been using was old, slow, and lacking some of
    the features of more modern systems.

I'm happy to announce today that thektog.org is moving to the excellent groupbuilder.com
    platform. With groupbuilder taking over my job of hosting the site and handling the back
    end script, you will see the board get much faster and you will have the additional features
    you may be accustomed to on other more modern forums.

TxCajun and the rest of the moderator team will still be serving as they always have.
    Essentially I will be replaced by the groupbuilder team handling the technical back
    end and being the legal owner.

I look forward to the new features and improved experience we'll have later today.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Thanks Ray. My name is Keith and I will be handling the technical aspects of KTOG. We have moved KTOG to a new forum platform which should be faster and allow direct upload images and avatars. Among many other features.

We did our best to model the template so it still looks like the old setup you are all used to. I am sure there a still bugs to get ironed out and I would appreciate your help in reporting them, I started a thread below.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2056711

3. jad45

jad45 New Member

May 27, 2011
    The new platform is screaming fast. A huge, noticeable improvement!

Many, many thanks and kudos!

4. Reneker

Reneker New Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Thanks guys! Much faster! Woo hoo!:)