Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found my new baby. B&H Gunrack, Merritt Island FL, great price and instock. Spent a couple of days on the beach while I was at it.

S/N JWVXX, will hit the range next week.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Mike

By the way the extractor is tight as a tick but the instructions say it will just fall out. Will the tight fit cause any problem?

Mag, full or empty, flies out when you hit the release.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mike said:
By the way the extractor is tight as a tick but the instructions say it will just fall out. Will the tight fit cause any problem?
Parts pic: http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p3atparts.htm

Do you mean the ejector?  Part #115

Mine fits snugly, but I still put a dab of grease on it to hold it in place.  I wouldn't think it fitting tight would be an issue.

If the extractor spring and frankenbolt (button head) are tight, I don't see how the extractor (part #181) could fall out.  If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will chime in.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Mike said:
...Mag, full or empty, flies out when you hit the release.
I would press in and hold the mag so the engagment face of the release doesnot gets shaved and rounded

·
Banned
181 Posts
I've shot about 100 rounds out of my P3 without a problem. But until I visited this forum I never thought of that little thing. Thank God I came here. Now, it the first thing I look for when I break it down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.