New family member

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Mike, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Mike

Mike New Member

May 21, 2005
    I found my new baby. B&H Gunrack, Merritt Island FL, great price and instock. Spent a couple of days on the beach while I was at it.

S/N JWVXX, will hit the range next week.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Mike

By the way the extractor is tight as a tick but the instructions say it will just fall out. Will the tight fit cause any problem?

Mag, full or empty, flies out when you hit the release.

2. joje

joje New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    "the extractor is tight as a tick but the instructions say it will just fall out. Will the tight fit cause any problem? "

sounds like you got lucky to me :)

3. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Parts pic: http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p3atparts.htm

Do you mean the ejector?  Part #115

Mine fits snugly, but I still put a dab of grease on it to hold it in place.  I wouldn't think it fitting tight would be an issue.

If the extractor spring and frankenbolt (button head) are tight, I don't see how the extractor (part #181) could fall out.  If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will chime in.

4. Mike

Mike New Member

May 21, 2005
    Sorry, I meant part 115

5. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    Mine started out tight too. It got loose with use, so you may want to keep an eye on it during the break-in period.

6. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    Oh, come one, half the fun of cleaning this pup is looking for that little thing on the floor. :p

Half fun with your new toy

7. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I would press in and hold the mag so the engagment face of the release doesnot gets shaved and rounded

8. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    I've shot about 100 rounds out of my P3 without a problem. But until I visited this forum I never thought of that little thing. Thank God I came here. Now, it the first thing I look for when I break it down.