New Convert

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by MarksmanOne, Apr 21, 2008.

1. MarksmanOne

MarksmanOne New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Well, I decided to trade in my P-32 for a P-3AT; so, you've got a new convert here. I got my P-32 used as a very reasonable price and decided to carry it as a grab-and-go-to-the-store gun. Soon I realized that my grab-and-goes became the standard, and I was carrying my P-32 more often than my 9mm. Well, as soon as I had that epiphany, I decided to upgrade to the .380 version. And, I don't know what to say about that except that I just wasn't comfortable with the .32 AUTO -- I guess no one is ever satisfied with their caliber, but a .32 was not working for me mentally. And, for me, that's what choosing a concealed carry weapon is all about: finding the largest, acceptable caliber for you in the smallest, most reliable gun.

2. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    +1
    Congrats... you made a good choice!

3. KS.G36

KS.G36 Guest

That's what's so handy about both the 32 & P3AT. In the pocket and out the door. Welcome aboard!

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Good for you! Seems like there is a resurgence of interest in .380 pocket carry (thinking about Ruger & Kahr). Credit mostly due to the P3AT?

take care...

5. batwell

batwell New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Well my problem was that I was going out without my 9mm because of concealment problems. The P3AT fits my pocket fine and now I don't leave home without it :) :)

6. Chuck-Baby

Chuck-Baby New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Curious if you have had the new acquisition to the range for trial run yet and how it performed? Hope it is as flawless as mine.

Happy shooting,

CB

7. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Now you need some good ammo to stoke it with so check out the Great Chicken Test! and check out the new testing that should be completed this weekend, for now IMHO I think you might want to consider the Remington Golden Saber 102 gr. the Cor-Bon DPX is suppose to be the gold standard but these have jumped to something like a whooping 27 dollars a box  :eek:  We'll be testing about 5 different rounds this weekend so say tuned!!

Tom j.

8. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Since the p3at is small like the p32 it is easily concealed and has a bit more power. I have carried mine as a replacement of my p11 and have never felt undergunned or underpowered. The +1 mag extension allows you to carry 8 instead of 7, however with the p32 kt made the 10 rounder IIRC. Enjoy yours. With enough practice they can be accurate out to 20yds all day long.