Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided to trade in my P-32 for a P-3AT; so, you've got a new convert here. I got my P-32 used as a very reasonable price and decided to carry it as a grab-and-go-to-the-store gun. Soon I realized that my grab-and-goes became the standard, and I was carrying my P-32 more often than my 9mm. Well, as soon as I had that epiphany, I decided to upgrade to the .380 version. And, I don't know what to say about that except that I just wasn't comfortable with the .32 AUTO -- I guess no one is ever satisfied with their caliber, but a .32 was not working for me mentally. And, for me, that's what choosing a concealed carry weapon is all about: finding the largest, acceptable caliber for you in the smallest, most reliable gun.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
MarksmanOne said:
...that's what choosing a concealed carry weapon is all about:  finding the largest, acceptable caliber for you in the smallest, most reliable gun.  
+1
Congrats... you made a good choice!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Curious if you have had the new acquisition to the range for trial run yet and how it performed? Hope it is as flawless as mine.

Happy shooting,

CB

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
MarksmanOne said:
Well, I decided to trade in my P-32 for a P-3AT; so, you've got a new convert here.  I got my P-32 used as a very reasonable price and decided to carry it as a grab-and-go-to-the-store gun.  Soon I realized that my grab-and-goes became the standard, and I was carrying my P-32 more often than my 9mm.  Well, as soon as I had that epiphany, I decided to upgrade to the .380 version.  And, I don't know what to say about that except that I just wasn't comfortable with the .32 AUTO -- I guess no one is ever satisfied with their caliber, but a .32 was not working for me mentally.  And, for me, that's what choosing a concealed carry weapon is all about:  finding the largest, acceptable caliber for you in the smallest, most reliable gun.  
Now you need some good ammo to stoke it with so check out the Great Chicken Test! and check out the new testing that should be completed this weekend, for now IMHO I think you might want to consider the Remington Golden Saber 102 gr. the Cor-Bon DPX is suppose to be the gold standard but these have jumped to something like a whooping 27 dollars a box  :eek:  We'll be testing about 5 different rounds this weekend so say tuned!!

Tom j.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Since the p3at is small like the p32 it is easily concealed and has a bit more power. I have carried mine as a replacement of my p11 and have never felt undergunned or underpowered. The +1 mag extension allows you to carry 8 instead of 7, however with the p32 kt made the 10 rounder IIRC. Enjoy yours. With enough practice they can be accurate out to 20yds all day long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.