Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

New CMR - Bolt Locked Up/Jammed

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TommyG 
#1 · (Edited)
Lucky me! I have wanted a CMR ever since they were introduced (really since the RMR was touted by KT). I've had a PMR for 2.5 years and the only issue I've had with it (post break-in) was the front sight falling off.

I picked up my new CMR yesterday and just fired it for the first time this morning. I loaded 4 mags with 15 rds ea of CCI Maxi-Mag ammo. The first two mags had a few FTFs. After a few shots with the third mag the bolt locked in place - about 3/4 of the way back.

I cannot get the bolt assembly to move forward or backward. I searched this forum and web for solutions, but didn't find anything. Is this a known issue? Is there a simple resolution? Have I just received a piece of crap rifle from Keltec?

Lots of questions...looking for answers to ease my frustration.

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #2 ·
I finally got the bolt to return to battery by bumping the rifle on a carpeted floor (just like you would bump-test to verify the safety of a light trigger).

Now I can manually rack the bolt assembly, but it will not feed any round from any magazine! And the bolt will not lock back - manually or automatically!

Looks like KT made a genuine POS! Again, lucky me!

Discussion starter · #4 ·
After further investigation, I now realize that the bolt assembly is stopping before it goes all the way back to where it should go. It feels like it is hitting something solid. Of course that would explain why it isn't stripping rounds from a magazine - and why it is not locking back.

I may disassemble to see what is stopping the bolt assembly.

But it is my belief that I should not have to work on a brand new gun to get it to run. American manufacturing quality used to be the best in the world - and a source of national pride. Sadly, that seems to no longer be the case....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.