New chrome slide do parts 110 and 194 come chromed

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jhutchings, Jan 25, 2008.

1. jhutchings

jhutchings New Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Just received a new chrome slide for my first generation p3at. I am converting this from the blued slide to the new chrome one. My question is are parts 110 and 194 (assembly pin and recoil spring catch) also chromed in the chrome version of the p3at that Kel-Tec sells. If they are can I call Kel-Tec and request parts 110 and 194 be sent to me in chrome?

Thanks

2. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Re: New chrome slide do parts 110 and 194 come chr

Since the first generation has been out of production for some time it's hard to say, give Kel-Tec a call and ask them. I had to wait a few weeks to get a HC ejector spring for a 2nd generation P3-AT.

3. ClayMan

ClayMan New Member

Dec 15, 2007

jhutchings:

I have a First Generation Hard Chrome P3AT and yes, parts 110 (assembly pin) and 194 (recoil spring catch) are HC as well as 100 (barrel), 152 (slide), 180 (extractor), and 182 (extractor spring).  Parts 184 (extractor pin) and 174 (firing pin screw) are not HC.  I really like the way this gun looks and LOVE the HC.  If you have any more questions, just ask and I'll try to answer.

ClayMan - who really likes his HC 1st Gen P3AT

4. JimBob

JimBob New Member

Dec 6, 2007

I'm jelous. :p

haha I am picking up my basically NIB 1st gen P3AT tomorrow morning, but it is the blued version. I am thinking I will have it Nickel plated by Jack. I was kind of curious what all is chromed from the factory myself. Wondering if all the same parts should be nickel'd as well..

5. ClayMan

ClayMan New Member

Dec 15, 2007

I definitely like the factory chrome on all the parts I listed.  In fact, I was surprised last night when I really examined my gun closely and found that the extractor spring, part 182, appears to be chromed (I've never pulled the extractor off, so I never really noticed the spring was chromed).  Nice touch, Kel-Tec!

The only issue I've had is with the firing pin screw, part 174, getting some minor surface rust on the head because it is not HC.

But I'm guessing that's not something you want to have plated because I would imagine it would need to be removed to do so.  And since that screw is set at the factory and the manual says not to mess with it, you wouldn't want to remove it.  But if Jack has the expertise to remove it and then reinstall/re-adjust properly, then you might want to get that (or at least the head of it) plated as well.  (Then again, perhaps the entire slide assembly is completely stripped to do the plating to begin with...so maybe you can get the firing pin screw plated as well without any issue.)

ClayMan

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX

you have to remove the firing pin to plate it. the slide needs to be stripped.

7. glenspalding

glenspalding New Member

Sep 25, 2007

I just have to ask where you were able to find a NIB 1st Gen. I know, I know, if I look around I will come across a few. Just wondering what dealer or part of the country you came across it. :)

8. JimBob

JimBob New Member

Dec 6, 2007

Turk, I was told it was pretty much NIB. Upon my receiving it, obviously it was not. I was told it had been fired about 20 times after it was purchased new and prettty much put back in the box. However even though it had been fired quite a few more times then 20 I am still very happy with my purchase!

This one came from Michigan from a gunbroker.com sale..

9. jhutchings

jhutchings New Member

Jan 16, 2008

Called Kel-Tec today. Said they would send me the parts. I am amazed at their customer service.