New carry idea?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by badgerjohnson, Mar 8, 2011.

1. badgerjohnson

badgerjohnson New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    I recently added a C-T laser to my P3AT and have been working on carry options. Here's my latest. I took an Uncle Mike's IWB holster (I think size 10, small semi-autos) and carefully removed the stitched on clip with a razor blade. Then I took a large safety-pin and pinned it into the corner of my sweatsuit jacket pocket, the pin going through just a 1/8th inch section about the middle of the holster.

This holds it in the pocket when it's zippered in the upright orientation and allows me to pull the HG and leave holster in the pocket. If I decide later to move it or remove it, simply done.

I'm liking this option quite a bit and thought I'd share.

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi,

Thanks for sharing. I don't jacket pocket carry now but I'll tuck your solution for maintaining holster orientation and retention in the back of my mind. Even if it just works for you that's great.

Bill K.

3. tomdickandharry

tomdickandharry Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Orlando Fl
    I like this. I wonder how well some of the other pocket holsters would work in jacket pockets?

Kind of a moot point for me, living in florida and almost never wearing a jacket though.

4. inmate

inmate New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I like it too. I'm not 100% on the safety pin idea but the concept is pretty good. How are you liking the CT? I'm interested in getting a laser but I think I like the Armalaser better.

5. snookking

snookking Active Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Yep me too never get a chance in palm beach county

6. badgerjohnson

badgerjohnson New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Yes I was concerned about the safety pin scratching the HG but there's such a tiny portion showing it doesn't touch it. Of course one could sew in a couple stitches or velcro if that's a big worry.

I think the C-T laser is indispensable. I posted on how I thought it improved my shooting in one range session with exceptional feedback teaching me to hold and squeeze with a steady hand. The new skill transferred to my 9mm iron sights and I shot it better than ever. As far as construction and fit and brightness I like it a lot. I think the fit is better than the Armalaser though I've never tried one, I just have seen the pics.

7. inmate

inmate New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I think I read that post. I'm glad to hear the CT helped your shooting with other pistols, I do believe lasers can help in a lot of ways. I like the Armalaser cause I don't like the button on the CT and for the way it attaches to the frame of the pistol. I think it looks a little more sturdy and won't break so easily; I pocket carry my small guns and back pocket at that so I just want something to withstand be sat on and riding in a back pocket all day.