New Anti Short Stroke Hammer Block

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by HET45, Sep 17, 2008.

1. HET45

HET45 New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    I called Momma and had a new hammer block sent out to me.  When it arrived, it looked the same as the one I had in the gun as far as I could remember.  I called Mr. Bill at Kel Tec and he told me there was only a subtle difference between the two.

With the old block, the gun would drop the hammer from the half cock position if the trigger was allowed to only go to the first click ( and not all the way forward ) after a shot.  This resulted in a light hit and no bang.

Now, the trigger just stops its travel but the hammer doesn't fall from half cock when short stroked.  You still have to release the trigger and let it go fully forward but you now do not have to work the slide to reset the trigger.

I didn't take a picture of the new hammer block but I did take one of the old block and altered it to show the only change I could see.  The rear wall of the notch is higher in the new block than in the old one (at the arrow area) by about the height as shown.  This seems to have done the trick.

[​IMG]

2. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

I wonder why KT's engineers didn't figure this one out years ago. Seems so simple!

3. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I think its a great improvement. It forces theyou to fully reset the trigger. A good idea especially for those used to shooting short trigger reset Glocks.