New ammo, new problems

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by torrent, Aug 2, 2009.

1. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I've had my P3AT for a couple of years now and have put about 500 rounds through it without any problems. Even back when I was one of the unlucky few to get a HC that peened it never failed as long as I did my part. Back earlier in the week I picked up a box of Federal Hydro-shok for a good deal and promptly started testing. It seems this little gun decided to get all finicky on me after all this time together. I once used the precursor to Hydro-shok ammo and it worked just fine. So I broke out the polishing compound and had at the little thing with the Dremel (read: device for screwing things up). Seems to work fine now. Never had the problem before and probably won't have it again either. Gotta say though, this is the first time anybody has ever posted about having to repolish thier feed ramp after shooting the gun so many times.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I have repolished feedramps. I don't think shooting can smooth things as well as 800 grit and feedramps can get dinged and roughened up over time. Those particular JHPs might have had a wider mouth or something than others you've been using too. Anyway, it's good that you could TCB.