Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm updating my original model SU16, after having it sit in the safe, unloved, for a few years. I've replaced the sights and the handguard, added a sling, and mounted an optic; trying to keep it light while making it a bit sturdier.

Optics were a challenge, since this is the non-Picatinny spec rail, and my QD low mounts don't fit until I file open the rails. In the meantime, I've mounted an old Bushnell Holosight - their hunting version of the Eotech - and it's working well, but there's no quick access to the iron sights.

With the optic, it didn't fit in the cases I've used for it, and the cases didn't have mag pouches and gear pockets, so I started looking up new affordable cases. I need something compact, so it'll fit in the safe without much bulk, but enough protection to toss in the trunk if needed.

Here's what I came up with:
- Allen Wedge 32" - $32 from Amazon - decent padding, slim, multiple pockets, well made for the price (so far), good fit for a folded SU16

Here's how it looks with the current setup. The optic sits about 2" above the rail, and it's a good fit, but there's not a lot of headroom left. There's more room when stored upside down, but I didn't want the holosight on the bottom.

And what the SU16 looks like in the current configuration:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the Citizen Gear Stark sling. It's very light, flexible, and comfortable, and is perfect for the SU16, especially as a trunk gun. He also makes the heavier duty Cast Iron model. It's a small business run by an individual with a sewing machine, and made in the USA!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts