Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Howdy fellers, I just wanted to show off my new magazine extension I've been working on and finally got done. I redesigned it to match the curves and contours of the pistol grip a little bit better. I also printed it at about a 45° angle which gives it much better strength than before. This allowed me to go thinner on the top portion where the magazine versus building it up around the sides as I had done previously. I also created a slot in the bottom so that the follower will protrude out like the factory magazine when fully loaded. This had the side effect of essentially gaining another round in capacity, so it went from +5 to +6. The hardest thing was coming up with a redesign for how the magazine locks to the extension. The previous method with the tab-in-slot design worked well enough but I was never really satisfied. I had wanted to avoid using any hardware but I finally decided that the best way was a bolt holding in a block. I think it's much more secure at the cost of require something I couldn't just print, which is fine. I think it's a better looking and more intuitive solution. Now if I could only get me some of those flatwire springs Keltec is putting in their new mags (or just some new mags) I'd be sitting pretty.

Live fire demo here

·
Registered
671 Posts
Howdy fellers, I just wanted to show off my new magazine extension I've been working on and finally got done. I redesigned it to match the curves and contours of the pistol grip a little bit better. I also printed it at about a 45° angle which gives it much better strength than before. This allowed me to go thinner on the top portion where the magazine versus building it up around the sides as I had done previously. I also created a slot in the bottom so that the follower will protrude out like the factory magazine when fully loaded. This had the side effect of essentially gaining another round in capacity, so it went from +5 to +6. The hardest thing was coming up with a redesign for how the magazine locks to the extension. The previous method with the tab-in-slot design worked well enough but I was never really satisfied. I had wanted to avoid using any hardware but I finally decided that the best way was a bolt holding in a block. I think it's much more secure at the cost of require something I couldn't just print, which is fine. I think it's a better looking and more intuitive solution. Now if I could only get me some of those flatwire springs Keltec is putting in their new mags (or just some new mags) I'd be sitting pretty.

Live fire demo here
Cool, and even cooler video. I'll take two or three.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts