Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man i just bought kel tec 3at last night and went to the range fired one clip witha jam i think that was do to the crappy ammo cci blazer the next clip fired two bullets and quit, the hammer would not catch, when i pulled the slide back the hammer will not catch i dont know maybe i had a lemon i took it back and exchanged it i havent shot the new one yet,

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Seems to be a rash of these hammer / hammer block issues lately. Oh well, KT will fix it if we can't.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
AH SOOOO! Hammer on this gun NEVER cocks. Trigger makes hammer go back just so far then lets it fall on the firing pin. Good description and diagrams in the manual.

I know that "real men" never read the instructions but we won't tell. ;)

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
RAT76 said:
Seems to be a rash of these hammer / hammer block issues lately.  Oh well, KT will fix it if we can't.
Agree with RAT - one of the Twins quit firing after round 47 and had all the classic symptoms that people keep attributing to spring failure or trigger pin backing out.

In my case it was a broken "tang" off the trigger axis. I have not heard anyone else coming up with that same diagnosis but I wonder if some of these are the same thing? Maybe a bad hardening job on the trigger axis'? If they get sent back home to mama we might never hear about it.

-Scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i pull the slide then pull the trigger but there isnt anything to the trigger the hammer doesnt move nothing its like something is not catching i have had several guns but this is the first but i love the size so i traded in for another hopefuuly this one works i will keep you all posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.