Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
200 rounds, shot perfect. No issues whatsoever. Light clean before I started. Blue box Value Pack Federal Champion. Sights shot high @ 25 yards, but got that dialed in. Very happy with my purchase and only spent $8 in ammo compared to the $66 I would have spent with my XD 45. Lots of cheap fun with my PLR-22.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It will only improve with time.

I removed the rear sight and replaced it with a Bushnell Holographic (an EOTech knockoff). Once calibrated with a laser boresight the PLR-22 has been remarkably accurate as well as reliable.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yep I removed both sights and have a Sightmark relfex sight with laser and its very accurate. Wife loves shooting it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
pilot, I've got a question about those. Does the red dot stay in the middle of the lens regardless of your eye angle? if ya know what i mean.

I've got a cheapie Tasco that works well on my AK - because of the shoulder hold and cheek rest, I'm always looking at it from the same angle. But with the PLR, it's floating out there in front of my face and the dot moves around the lens depending on where I'm holding it and the angle my eye is to the lens.

And another question - since you have the dual unit, aren't you seeing 2 red dots on the target. One from the dot and the other from the laser? Is that confusing? Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yep the reticle/dot stays in the middle all the time. I only see 1 red dot at a time since the laser is on a push button. When I do use the laser I have the reticle turned off, but yes if they both are on I see 2 dots

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Read some reviews, people like it but the big bitch is that the holographic dot isn't bright enough in sunny, bright days. Thoughts on that? I've got a couple of lasers. They're low light, close in tools for me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
With the setting on 4-5 and being in AZ, we have had no issue seeing that reticle/dot at all in the brightest mornings at the range. Settings of 1-3 in bright light could be a little harder to see. The laser is a whole other subject. Once it gets bright, can't see it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts