Featured Nerwby With RedDot Questions

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by harley, Nov 2, 2017.

1. harley

harley Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Just picked up a new Gen 2 S2K to play with. Took it to the range yesterday and went thru a box trying to get zeroed in. Initially she shot pretty low and to the left at 25yds but was able to get that pretty well corrected. I'm probably going to get a Bushnell TRS 25 but I'm at a loss as to what QD riser to get to attach to the RD and to the top picatinney (know this would need sanding) but I don't want a side mount. If I can, I would opt for a 1/3rd cowitness mount. Can you guys point me to a specific QD mount to solve my problem?

2. Kick72

Kick72 Member

Oct 28, 2017
    image.jpeg image.jpeg Picked mine up recently as well. I mounted my trs-25 with a utg #rs10s3 one inch riser. I like it. You don't need to burry your cheek on the bolt tube. Got it off of amazon for 10 bucks. It should give you what your looking for. I think the next one down is .750 or .800, if you need to go lower. I mounted a small picatinny rail in front of the stock to store it when folded. A guy on you tube does a nice demo for the rail. You can't beat that red dot for the money.

Artofgolf and 850sub like this.

3. harley

harley Member

Nov 2, 2017

4. harley

harley Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Sounds good! I'll give them a try and also go with the 1". Much obliged.

5. BDKR

BDKR Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Straight up noob to the board here, but this seems a great place so far.

Is this common with the Gen 2 S2K's? I picked up a .40 variant Friday and noticed the same thing.

6. BlakeHanson

BlakeHanson Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    Give it time and it will grow on you....like jock-itch lol.gif , you just keep coming back to scratch:).
    And welcome to the board!

They all have to be zeroed-in.
    Most shoot about there out of the factory.

7. BDKR

BDKR Member

Nov 5, 2017
    LOL!

I'll work on that soon. The last 100 rounds I used to practice shooting ambi and focus on it's trigger pull. Cool little weapon!

8. Feldwebel Wolfenstool

Feldwebel Wolfenstool Member

Jul 24, 2017
    ...I have the new NcStar Blue-Red dot w/green laser. It's designed to co-witness with AR-type front sights, as it has a built-in riser that hides the battery compartment. I prefer to use the Blue dot, as the Red one does not focus up well on my old eyes....

9. Jake

Jake Member

Sep 23, 2017
    Not sure if you got the TRS-25 yet but I wanted to suggest that you get the model with the emitter at the 6:00 not the 4:00 position. I have both and I prefer the emitter at the bottom by a mile. Makes the view symmetrical and I don't even notice it in my view like I do the standard 4:00 versions. The ones with the emitter at the bottom have the silver lettering on the outside as opposed to the gold lettering.

10. dfariswheel

dfariswheel Active Member

Jul 17, 2017
    The emitter "lump" in the Bushnell TRS-25 is sort of a strange situation.

I have one on my Colt M4 LE6920.
    When I mounted it farther down the rail toward the muzzle the emitter bulge was noticeable.

Strangely, when I mounted it closer to my eye at the rear of the rail, I don't see it at all.
    [​IMG]

11. Kick72

Kick72 Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Herd there was differences between the two. Now I know.