need some pics to help, please

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by stosman, Dec 21, 2009.

1. stosman

stosman New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    well i got the new su 22 to the range this weekend with a value pack of federal rounds. was having some fun shooting it however the cheap piece of junk centerpoint scope i bought and mounted was insufficient in adjustment. also the illuminated reticle decided to come on after the only the 6th shot. stayed on in red for every adjustment. off went the scope. anyway, on to shooting iron sites on a snowy range and having fun. until the rifle slipped and fell on the frozen crushed rock ground. somehow it broke the cylinder part that holds the take down pin on the inside of the stock. looks like some superglue will be an easy fix. but there is also a small metal clip (looks like a large staple) that somehow fits inside there and i'm not sure where? if anyone could advise and maybe post a couple pics i sure would appreciate it. its a bummer having a great new toy and breaking it the first time out. thanks in advance for any help!
    looking to get a vortex crossfire and a mako tpod/light to get this baby back in action after repair!

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Ouch. Sorry your new toy is broken.

Your SU-22 shipped with a manual and the manual has a nice exploded view. The metal staple thing sounds like it might be the Stock Pin Spring, part #186.

It'd be a shame to gob some glue on the new SU-22 to fix it. It'd be a lot better to replace the broken plastic part, if possible. You might want to call Kel-Tec and talk to their customer service department.

Or, you might want to take this opportunity to covert your SU-22CA into an SU-22C (underfolder) or SU-22E (pistol grip and AR butt stock).

My SU-16 and SU-22 (they share the same polymer receiver and molded-in Picatinny rail) both had problems when I mounted a couple of different scopes. Two rifles, and two scopes, and in both cases the scope didn't have enough elevation. I was forced to place a shim between the scope and the bottom of the rear scope ring to aim the scope downward in the front. I haven't used any of the low cost Centerpoint scopes, but I had heard they are a pretty good deal, at least as far as cheap optics go.

3. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I think the broken part he's describing is at the rear of the receiver where the 186 spring is. A new stock isn't going to fix that.

4. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I decided to get out the camera. If this is what's broke, a trip home to KT will be necessary.

[​IMG]

5. stosman

stosman New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    yep, thats exactly where it is. at the bottom of the receiver. the cylinder that the pin runs through stayed in tact and the break separated just above it so it wont lock in the unfolded position. guess i'll be calling kel tec tomorrow.

6. stosman

stosman New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    closed till after new years. thats cool with me though, i'm glad kel tec takes care of their employees giving them time off to celebrate christmas and new years with their families and friends. thats respectable!