Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be able to find this via search but cannot. Some time ago I screwed this up and had to take a trip to Cocoa for a new slide. At that time when I replaced my extractor I did not pay attention to the orientation of the firing pin...sooo when I used my locktite on the buttonhead screw I could not get it out. I have been searching but cannot determine the proper orientation of the firing pin at final assembly. I think the "indented" section faces the top of the slide and somehow the button head screw holds in in place. I have put it together without the loctite and it appears ok ...but the buttonhead was backing out so I know it is going to require loctite.
I hope that I have explained my problem......kinda feel like a dumb ass right now.....

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whoooops!!! I just found the answers.....I was searching "firing pin" ....should have searched "button head".......It seems that I should have dry fired so the hammer could fall. That would have held the firing pin in place when I removed the button head......

ps now I do not feel too much lik a D/A

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Be sure that is a weak Loctite (I like blue) and only on the top couple of threads. With the weak stuff, a bit heat with a hair dryer of soldering iron will release the buttonhead.

Wilson – who’s very familiar with buttonheads ::)

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
The threaded shaft of button head screw goes into the notch in the firing pin - that's what holds the pin in.

After assembling the firing pin and spring, and extractor and spring, you can check that the firing pin is working by pushing it from the back with your recoil spring rod or other small tool. You should be able to easily push it in, and it should easily return by the spring pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.