Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thanks for the google-fu help

Found a set of sights that I think I'd like as "iron-sights" for Soro, but I need a dove tail adapter. Basically looking for a screw on plate with the notch...any ideas except a lathe shop?

Thanx

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Not right now. But post a picture of Soro in it's current carnation so I can see if I get any ideas. As of now all I can think of is to look through Brownell's.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still in pieces. Can't re-mount the scope attachment until I figure out the irons. I've cut back the forend to minimum 4 screws with a longer shroud, so no room for a picatinny mount system up top. I've made it harder than it has to be, but this'll be the last mod I do to her so I want it to count. I'll lay it out and maybe you'll see something I'm missing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Consider grinding the dovetails flat, and silver soldering the sights to a flat plate?
Don't know if you have something flat you could tap and drill for the plate, or could crazy glue to. Got pictures?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I chose the above sights because there's no room for a red-dot to be adjusted and they look easily adjustable for the room I'll be allowed.

As you can see not much room front to back....nor side to side.

A Williams Deer slug sight for a shottie was my first choice but they are out of stock and not currently a backorder item.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
I'm afraid with the comb height of the stock you will not be able to get your sightline down enough to see those sights without building up some sort of base for them.

:confused:

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hence the dovetail adapter, at first I thought about milling out the polymer, but that would definitely be too low. Being short has its advantages, I don't need that full factory sight height, just enough to get above the backstop for the factory rear sight.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Thanks 3wb. The dovetail itself should be universal, no?
As far as I know yes. But don't hold me to that. Brownell's and Midway both stock those ramps. I would ask before them before I buy.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yeah, the more I thought about it the more it seemed infeasible. I know how to mount the picatinny even thru the center seam, so I'm gonna go that route and squeeze a ProMag auxiliary sight in there. Probably have to get smaller mount screws but I think it'll fit.

Thanks again 3wb for your searches, got me to go thru the entire Brownells list of sights. It may also help with the sightline like you said. The front will stick out a little to allow elevation adjustment and with the slots in the scope mount I should be able to adjust windage. Plus it reminds me of a Lego brick (my other dark hobby):D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts