need help with possible purchase

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by cp, Sep 4, 2007.

1. cp

cp New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    I have the opportunity to purchase a Hard Chrome 1st gen P3at for $230. The first two owners have only put about 300 rounds through it and haven't had any FTF, FTE issues. I am a little hesitant since it is a 1st gen. Should I be?? Or since this one doesn't seem to have any issues so far is this a good deal? Thanks in advance!

2. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    If I was looking for another one I'd grab it ;)

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Sounds fine to me. I like 1st gen, hard chrome P3s. If I were you I might offer $200 cash just for fun. :cool:

4. Roger3

Roger3 New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    If the 300 rounds with no problems is true, I would buy it.
    But I would offer $200 cash first.
    (I am also assuming that there will be no tax and transfer fees)

And if it comes with more than 1 magazine than thats a good deal.

5. keltec-NK

keltec-NK New Member

May 23, 2007
    go for it...$230 with no tax or fees is fair here in TX...(FYI - a recent gun show was selling Kel-Tec P3-AT mags for 29.95 plus tax...then I saw them on Kel-tec's web site for less plus postage...so if it comes with a 2nd mag its a done deal...if you can get it for less fine...I always ask if they will take X cash...but I would not agonize over $30 bucks...you may become a KT collector and as you can see, you can always get $200 cash for it if you need the money some day...it's like cash in the bank...and you get to shoot it for free.

6. cp

cp New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Thanks for all the help. I met the guy today and walked away with it for $220 and it included an extra magazine and it looks practically brand new. I bought my first blued 2nd gen P3at about a month ago. It's amazing how fast they are multiplying. :)

7. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Good deal , now enjoy