Need help with P-3AT hammer spring reinstallation

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Lynnsky, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Well, even though I've had my 3-AT apart several times, I'm having trouble this time.  I can't seem to get the hammer spring assembly to function properly upon reinstalling it into the frame and putting the frame back into the grip.  The trigger is stuck in the forward position after getting the trigger bar in place, the trigger bar spring turned counter clockwise and in place, the frame put back in the grip, and the hammer spring reattached at the bottom. This includes pusing forward the hammer block safety for the rail to fit snugly onto the grip.

I've read the threads, I've looked at the pictures, I have another new hammer spring assembly with which to compare -- everything looks like it ought to, and I'm doing the reassembly like I've done it before, yet I'm obviously doing something wrong this time.  Any ideas on the matter?

To sum it up, when I get everything back together and try to put the slide on, it won't go.  Plus, the trgger seems to be stuck.  Any input would be much appreciated!  :)

Regards,
    Lynnsky

2. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Re: Need help with P-3AT hammer spring reinstallat

I'm going to guess that the slide won't go on unless you c0ck the hammer. Is the hammer forward when you push the hammer block forward? Make sure the trigger bar is attached to the pin on the trigger axis and that the spring is in the groove at bottom of trigger bar.

You can check the trigger spring/axis by just removing the FRONT frame pin and prying up the front of the frame with a common blade screwdriver.

Packer.

3. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006

Thanks, Two Pistol Packer, I'll try the suggestion involving the front frame pin -- maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

By the way, does the hammer pin need to extend out such that it engages the trigger bar or is that factor of any consequence?

'Precitate the help! :)

Regards,
    Lynnsky

4. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005

Yes! The Hammer AXIS pin, NOT the pin that holds the spring to the hammer, needs to extend out the right side of the frame to engage the trigger bar. If it does not, then the frame won't go into the grip.

Packer.

5. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006

;D I've said it before, and I'm not ashamed to say it again, "You da' Man!" I'm back on the road, so to speak. Many thanks, Packer!

Regards,
    Lynnsky