Need help with over-size pic's

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by rcmodel, Jun 28, 2006.

1. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    Need some help with posting pictures.

Day before yesterday, I resized some pic's to 494x371 (well below 640x480) and up-loaded them to photobucket, then posted them on KTOG. Everything turned out great.

I did the same exact thing today, and all my pictures except one are way too big to fit on the screen without scrolling back & forth. The one that isn't too big, is way too small.

I have re-sized and up-loaded them to Photobucket three times now and they still won't work.

It's as if KTOG or Photobucket is changing their size, as they are fine on two different jpg programs I use all the time.

Anyone else had similiar problems and know how to fix it?

I'm baffled!
    :-[
    rcmodel

2. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    Maybe you can resize the photos and do a "save as" instead of just simply saving the photos as you would normally do. I had a problem like this a couple of weeks ago and this is the resolution that I cam up with.

3. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    Thanks!
    I'll try that.

;D
    rcmodel

PS: Nope! That didn't work either!

4. Hutch01

Hutch01 New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    After you resize them, do a RESAMPLE or whatever it's called in the program you're using. Apparently, in the software you're using you're only resizing them for THE SCREEN rather than actually reducing the pixel count.

Maybe if you tell me the software I can figure out what button you need to push to get it to work.

Just look through the tools and see if you have a RESAMPLE button and we'll figure out which one you need to push to actually reduce the size.

I'll be here for a little bit longer, then have things to do......

5. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    Pretty sure it's reducing the pixel count. It reduces the file size from way over a meg, down to 280 K or so.

Besides like I said, it was working fine day before yesterday, doing it the same way on the same software. (CompuPic) (Also tried it today on Lview Pro, MS Paint, & MS Imaging) All with the same results.

I think it's gotta be something Photobucket or KTOG is doing with the pictures after I re-size them.

;D
    rcmodel

6. Hutch01

Hutch01 New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Yep, I agree. Can't argue with that.

Have you tried reducing the size with the controls on Photobucket?

7. rjhauser

rjhauser New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I resorted to Microsoft Picture and Fax Viewer, opened it, reduced to 35%, and saved as new name (notice ,,, kaboom-2.jpg).

That fixed it for me.

maintains pixel ratio, just makes it smaller.

8. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    I use the same technique as RJ.

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    If it worked yeterday, it may be photobucket. I've had an issue or 2 in the past with it not working right temporarily.

10. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    I just tried it with a new photo and it works fine again.

Now, I am baffeled!

???
    rcmodel

11. Ender

Ender New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Here's an easy to use, completely free image resizing program. http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
    Use it to resize digital images and convert them to other file types. I've had great luck with it. Hope it helps.

12. Hutch01

Hutch01 New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    There are several free ones that are very good. I've used Irfanview for several years as a graphics viewer and photo manipulator. It's outstanding too. It has more features than most will ever use in two lifetimes! ;D ;D