need help with armalaser instalation

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by David_S, Jan 28, 2010.

1. David_S

David_S New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Just received my armalaser today so i figured i would install it but I don't think that is gonna happen. The problem I'm having is the pins will not fit into the holes of the s braces. I am using the s brace with the large holes but the pins are too large or the holes too small. I have even gone as far as placing the s brace holes above the opening of a small socket and tried to tap the pins through but it's not gonna happen without something being seriously damaged. Anyone else had this happen or have any suggestions?  :(

2. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    IIRC, I had to ease the sharp leading edge of the pin ever so slightly on fine sand paper before I could get it into the s-brace hole.  I don't think it was necessary to drive it through, maybe just a slight tap.

3. David_S

David_S New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Figured I'd update this just in case anyone else runs into the same problem. I ended up taking some fine sand paper and rolling it up to make a small file then filed the holes on the S brace just enough to allow the pins to be inserted.

4. lstarett

lstarett New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I had to take a small drill bit and make the holes just a little larger on mine. But I LOVE it!!!!