Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Need help w/ +1 extension

783 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  adamsesq 
#1 ·
Hello,

First post here..

I've seen the how-to's and it's not rocket science but I can't get the extension to snap on to the new bottom plate. I even tried doing it with just the plate and extension and no spring/mag and its like the plate is too long.

Any advice?

#5 ·
Do you have the spacer OUTSIDE the spine of the mag? The short side "L" of the spacer should be outside the lower back side of the mag.

1. Hold mag inverted in your weak hand with the front of the mag facing your strong hand and insert the follower and spring with the open lower end of the spring facing the front of the mag.
2. Fit the two small tabs of the spacer INSIDE the exposed end coil of the spring.
3. With your weak hand forefinger hold the long leg of the "L" of the spacer about 1/2" above (outside of) the bottom of the mag with the short leg of the "L" OUTSIDE the back (spine) of the mag.
4. Start the +1 extender onto the front of the mag and make sure the long "L" of the spacer is inside the extension and not inside the mag body.
5. Use your strong hand's thumb to press the front of the extension back while the same hand's forefinger presses the short "L" of the spacer forward.
6. You may have to "pinch" the short "L" of the spacer and the front of the extension hard to get the locking tab on the bottom of the spacer to lock into the hole in the bottom of the extension.

#8 ·
Silver_Dollar said:
When I put my extension on the mag, I remember it being a pain in the butt. Somehow it finally snapped into place, but I cant tell you how or if I could do it again.
+1111111111111111

Exact same experience here. When wifey got hers she opened up the package, read the directions, and immediately put it on perfect and smoothly the first time. Go figure!

-Scott

G
#10 ·
adamsesq said:
+1111111111111111

Exact same experience here.  When wifey got hers she opened up the package, read the directions, and immediately put it on perfect and smoothly the first time.  Go figure!

-Scott

Sounds just like a women. The nerve of them...reading directions....

Hey Scott.....could you ask her to read my washer post? Maybe that is what they need, a womens point of view. Seems some can not understand those directions. Or is it because they don't read them?

#11 ·
Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
Hey Scott.....could you ask her to read my washer post?   Maybe that is what they need, a womens point of view.   Seems some can not understand those directions.  Or is it because they don't read them?
Can't help you with that one - even wifey could pro'lly figure out a washer in the hole without the directions... I think that came out wrong???

-Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.