Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the old frame pin, but the new one that came with the belt clip seems larger in diameter and doesn't seem to fit. I put the old one back in for now. Help anyone?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Pin should be same. I can't make mine stay on either with the kt380 clip.. I would like to know the magic of clip staying on kt380 that would never get lose.. Sorry, some body will tell us.

The clips are drop forged to fit rear of 380..The male part of the forge mold is wrong in my opinion. I think the "fingers" or "ears" that reach down below the screw should be longer..then maybe it would not move. The pf9 has 2 screws. Maybe there is a trick. I would re-design clip. Clip works great till it gets lose.

·
Banned
44 Posts
On my P-11 the pin that would hold the belt clip in place isn't very tight. I would go to the hardware store or a gunsmith to find a better fastener for the belt clip. I have never removed the pin on my P-3AT.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A co-worker had one on his 32 and it seemed to hold. He always kept it in his back pocket (even when sitting down ... LOL). Glad I read this before I attempted the install on my .380.

I'm wondering if some of us got the wrong clip in the package ... (???)\

I'll probably try mine tomorrow or the next day. Gotta get some new punches first. I'll post the developments here when I get it done.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
On my P-11 the pin that would hold the belt clip in place isn't very tight. I would go to the hardware store or a gunsmith to find a better fastener for the belt clip. I have never removed the pin on my P-3AT.
Look at the fix for loose screws on the P11 clip at post 7 of the New Stuff thread in the Fluff and Buff Topic. I have done this to my P11 and it works. I have not tried to install a belt clip on my P3AT, so I am not able to address this fix to that gun.

Life is short, be happy
Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts