Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am doing paste only "G-96.".. Will be bluing slide and barrel...& spring.. Cleaning w/denatured alcohol and I am using .0000 steel wool for rubbing in paste and hair dryer to warm metal a lil'... At least 5 coats. If you have done your parts, give tips or stuff you have learned.

Mine will be for cosmetic looks only and above is the cheapest way too,,, you know when I am serious I use CCR.

Also doing this thread for other members too,, not just me, I am a newbie.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've used "Formula 44/40" liquid. Gives a deep black/blue. But as Mickey said "it doesn't last". But it is easy to touch up. I 've used brake cleaner and isoprophyl (rubbing) alcohol as a degreaser w/o a problem. Best results were achieved using a small piece of "scoth brite" pad to apply blue. It's cheap, easy to touch up and a bottle seems to last forever.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am just playing around. I tried this stuff last nite. I am gonna move on, I didn't think much of it. Gonna stick with CCR & durakote , cerakote , etc.. thanks. The prep is the key to making it work I guess. It didn't turn out to bad. W/shipping&tax it was 14$. Like ya say it wont last forever. There's gotta be some tricks,

edit: I guess it did what it's suppose too.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've used "Formula 44/40" liquid. Gives a deep black/blue. But as Mickey said "it doesn't last". But it is easy to touch up. I 've used brake cleaner and isoprophyl (rubbing) alcohol as a degreaser w/o a problem. Best results were achieved using a small piece of "scoth brite" pad to apply blue. It's cheap, easy to touch up and a bottle seems to last forever.
I've also used 44/40 with good results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts