Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new P-3AT yesterday. I got it home and disassembled it to give it a good cleaning and oiling. Following the instructions in the manual that came with the gun, I disassembled it but cannot find the ejector. The manual says "Remove the recoil spring, barrel and ejector", and it shows a picture of six parts when completely disassembled. When mine is apart, I only end up with five parts.
Being totally new at this, I hope I didn't lose something the first time I tried this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I think I see it still in the frame on the left side right in front of the hammer. I'm pretty sure that it's the part. It very much resembles the part on the diagram. I was sure I lost it because the manual stresses to be careful when removing the slide, that it will fall out easily. When I tug on it though, it won't come out. Am I looking at the ejector?

G

·
The newer ones seem to be harder to remove. The old ones just fell out. My son has a new one and you can't pull it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me. I turned the gun over in my hand and tapped it in my palm and ejector came out in my hand. I thought I had lost it also.

Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
My ejector would'nt come out till I had put some ammo thru the pistol.The last time I shot and cleaned it the ejector finally loosened up.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Be glad that sucker's stuck in there like it is. Really all you need to do is wipe it off and let it be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts