Need assistance with new P-3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by VectorFL, Aug 16, 2009.

1. VectorFL

VectorFL New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I bought a new P-3AT yesterday. I got it home and disassembled it to give it a good cleaning and oiling. Following the instructions in the manual that came with the gun, I disassembled it but cannot find the ejector. The manual says "Remove the recoil spring, barrel and ejector", and it shows a picture of six parts when completely disassembled. When mine is apart, I only end up with five parts.
    Being totally new at this, I hope I didn't lose something the first time I tried this.

2. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Look at this picture of the parts. The ejector is part 115 and it is/was on the left side of the frame near the back where the frame narrows. This part is known to escape!
    http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p3atparts.htm

Billy

3. VectorFL

VectorFL New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    OK, I think I see it still in the frame on the left side right in front of the hammer. I'm pretty sure that it's the part. It very much resembles the part on the diagram. I was sure I lost it because the manual stresses to be careful when removing the slide, that it will fall out easily. When I tug on it though, it won't come out. Am I looking at the ejector?

4. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

The newer ones seem to be harder to remove. The old ones just fell out. My son has a new one and you can't pull it out.

5. lokin4deer

lokin4deer New Member

Jul 18, 2009
    I had the exact same thing happen to me. I turned the gun over in my hand and tapped it in my palm and ejector came out in my hand. I thought I had lost it also.

Dave

6. pointpro

pointpro New Member

May 9, 2005
    Since it's hard to remove I would just leave it alone for now. That part really needs no cleaning a Q-tip won't do

7. krunchnik

krunchnik New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    My ejector would'nt come out till I had put some ammo thru the pistol.The last time I shot and cleaned it the ejector finally loosened up.

8. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Be glad that sucker's stuck in there like it is. Really all you need to do is wipe it off and let it be.