Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Need a Sub2K with S&W 59 Mags

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  3wbdriver 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a Marlin Camp Carbine that uses the S&W 59 mags. I would like a
Sub2K that takes same mags which has a model #SUB-2K9BSW59

I know all are hard to find, but is the SW59 version still made?

#6 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Thank you...so as long as a get anything but GLOCK version, I can use the kit?
Yep, Kel-Tec says:

The SUB-2000 is available in the following variants:
Smith & Wesson M&P (9mm or .40cal)
Sig Sauer P226 (9mm or .40cal)
Beretta 92 & 96
Glock 17, 19, 22 & 23
So an M&P, P226, or Beretta 92 version (all 9mm of course) should be able to use the 59 mag catch. They even send you two extra screws (in case you mangled the original ones I guess?) and a tiny allen wrench. I'm thankful that even though they discontinued offering a 59-specific model of Gen2, they still sell the conversion piece for it.

Here's a close-up of my Gen2 in its stock M&P form and with the 59 part installed:

#8 ·
Yep, Kel-Tec says:

So an M&P, P226, or Beretta 92 version (all 9mm of course) should be able to use the 59 mag catch. They even send you two extra screws (in case you mangled the original ones I guess?) and a tiny allen wrench. I'm thankful that even though they discontinued offering a 59-specific model of Gen2, they still sell the conversion piece for it.

Here's a close-up of my Gen2 in its stock M&P form and with the 59 part installed:

Thank you ...a definitive answer on a forum!!!! It does happen :D

#11 ·
So, I suppose the opposite is also true? Any Gen 1 non-glock SUB2k can be converted to use M&P Mags? That ought to save some forumites some trouble of getting the elusive M&P Version!
Good question that no one has tried. I know a member did try a M&P magazine in on of his S&W 59 Gen 1 Subs but he said it would not work. I don't remember the reason why though. Again, Kel-tec would be the better source to check for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.