Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a Marlin Camp Carbine that uses the S&W 59 mags. I would like a
Sub2K that takes same mags which has a model #SUB-2K9BSW59

I know all are hard to find, but is the SW59 version still made?

Anyone have one out there to sell?
And....can one of the other versions handle the SW59 or be modified?

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
hbob, please check your private messages at the top right of the page.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thank you...so as long as a get anything but GLOCK version, I can use the kit?
Yep, Kel-Tec says:

The SUB-2000 is available in the following variants:
Smith & Wesson M&P (9mm or .40cal)
Sig Sauer P226 (9mm or .40cal)
Beretta 92 & 96
Glock 17, 19, 22 & 23
So an M&P, P226, or Beretta 92 version (all 9mm of course) should be able to use the 59 mag catch. They even send you two extra screws (in case you mangled the original ones I guess?) and a tiny allen wrench. I'm thankful that even though they discontinued offering a 59-specific model of Gen2, they still sell the conversion piece for it.

Here's a close-up of my Gen2 in its stock M&P form and with the 59 part installed:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, Kel-Tec says:

So an M&P, P226, or Beretta 92 version (all 9mm of course) should be able to use the 59 mag catch. They even send you two extra screws (in case you mangled the original ones I guess?) and a tiny allen wrench. I'm thankful that even though they discontinued offering a 59-specific model of Gen2, they still sell the conversion piece for it.

Here's a close-up of my Gen2 in its stock M&P form and with the 59 part installed:

Thank you ...a definitive answer on a forum!!!! It does happen :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
So, I suppose the opposite is also true? Any Gen 1 non-glock SUB2k can be converted to use M&P Mags? That ought to save some forumites some trouble of getting the elusive M&P Version!

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
So, I suppose the opposite is also true? Any Gen 1 non-glock SUB2k can be converted to use M&P Mags? That ought to save some forumites some trouble of getting the elusive M&P Version!
Good question that no one has tried. I know a member did try a M&P magazine in on of his S&W 59 Gen 1 Subs but he said it would not work. I don't remember the reason why though. Again, Kel-tec would be the better source to check for now.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
This would be nice to know!

So KTOGers, who has a non Glock gen 1 S2K, and has a M&P mag to see if it fits in the magwell?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.