Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Everybody and nobody.

Most LGS's will get a couple in every month or two.

They're always gone that day. Sometimes within the hour.

Get on a list. Get on EVERY list. Then be patient.

really, really patient.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
733 Posts
Seems that if you're willing to pay a premium, it's a lot easier to find one.

Finding one closer to MSRP seems to be the tough part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My buddy found one a few months ago; paid a premium though ($550). And guess what, he has never shot it!!!! Now he wants to sell it for what he paid! I'd love to buy it, but won't go his price. He was bugging me for over a year to get him one (have an FFL), but I've never found one at a distributor. If I could, I'd buy myself one!

·
Registered
72 Posts
B & H Gunrack
235 East Merritt Island Cswy
Merritt Island, FL 32952
Retail: 321-452-1105

These guys get them regularly as other threads verify. $395 + shipping isn't bad considering what they sell for on the auction sites. I got mine from them a couple of months ago, and still have one ordered 14 months ago from TGS that last check I was 100 out of 350+.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seems that if you're willing to pay a premium, it's a lot easier to find one.

Finding one closer to MSRP seems to be the tough part.
You know- this is exactly the crux of my frustration with the PMR.

At list price- its a awesomely fun looking gun
At exorbitant markup- not such a good value, and the shoddy QC issues become more frustrating.

Im still looking for one at the RIGHT price...

·
Registered
301 Posts
lowepg,

I for one,(and many others), won't be able to agree with your statement "the shoddy QC isues".

Kel tech has done nothing short of incredible continued support/improve a good thing. Mine has been back 2x for 'upgrades's, and now is virtually identical to a latest production gun (for free).

all the same, wish you all best in finding yours.

cheers

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Yup.. I got a later model..not a stitch of trouble with it..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found 3 today at larrysdiscount guns in Roswell, nm. Price....a disgusting $679.00!!!!! Price gouggers!!!!! But if you really want one they got 'em. Even had one in grey.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
$679?? Yeowza... thats probably why they have 3 of them..

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Found 3 today at larrysdiscount guns in Roswell, nm. Price....a disgusting $679.00!!!!! Price gouggers!!!!! But if you really want one they got 'em. Even had one in grey.
I drove through Roswell today on my way to Ruidoso! I've been working down south of Artesia since the 1st. Shame I can't buy anything over here though. I really would have liked to pick up a .22 rifle to do some plinking with on my off time. The guy at Big 5 in Carlsbad either says no, or he won't bother looking to see if he can sell to me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That's part of the problem if you ask me... I've made a few calls trying to get in front of one. Most are allocated and distributed to established long term dealers. Others are snatched by some (but not all) employees and resold at a much higher mark up. Simple lesson of supply and demand but don't count on perfect ethics.

Kind of like the department store employee obtaining (buying) the Tickle-Me-Elmo toy before it was ever put on the store shelf, only to be resold online to a stressed parent willing to do anything to make their kids Christmas dreams come true and perfect. Turns out, some of those department store employees were fired for taking advantage of an unfair opportunity where not everyone had the same chance.

I'll buy a PMR-30 when I have the chance but I'll be patient and happy with what I have for now and not subject myself to price gouging. Frankly, I hope those sellers that have those listed for big $$$ don't sell them anytime soon but if they do, then good for them I guess. The oil companies don't have a problem capitalizing on their investments.

I went to (2) LGS today, one said $500, the other said $350. Each has only received a few to sell with the last ones being about 6 weeks ago. I probably won't return the call on the $500 one...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will not pay that much over msrp either I will just wait till I find one at a fair price.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Both of the new members whose posts have been deleted would do well to familiarize themselves with our forum rules. Consider this a first and last warning for each of you.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=197131

A. Keep all commerce related posting in the Trading Post. We do not want the other forums spammed with solicitation. Spammers will be banned (period). Use of the Trading Post is a privilege extended to our members with 25+ posts. In reply #3 below, and also stickied at the top of the Trading Post, you will find very specific rules for using the Trading Post. Read them before posting there and follow them carefully. Failure to do so may result in loss of that privilege (post count set to zero), or even the banning of your account.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I spoke with B & H today and they said they are well over 100 PMRs on back order. I have had a full paid deposit on one for 3 weeks so I hope I'm a lucky one soon enough

·
Registered
424 Posts
don't know if they are actually in stock but the cdnn web site list them for $299

http://site.cdnninvestments.com/CDNN2012-2/index.html

go to page 12

not 100% sure how to order, you might want to call them. Of course it has to be shipped to an FFL dealer but not sure if the ffl dealer has to order or you can...see the sub 2000 availablity thread, page 34 where we discussed it last night

1 - 20 of 45 Posts