Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I was having some issues and ended up removing the grip from my p3. When I did this a small piece fell out. Using a diagram found in the forum I have identified it as the hammer block. My problem is that I don't know how to properly reassemble this piece. I'm just not sure how it's meant to be positioned. Can anyone explain this or direct me to a good video or something?

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
You shouldn't have pushed the hammer block pin out but I guess you know that already. ;)

There is a thread in the PF9 section called disassembly and repair that should be helpful. The PF9 and P3at are basically the same just the size difference. There should be some videos on youtube too.

There was a similar thread on the same subject recently, you may want to look for that. Another member posted a way to use a coffee straw to make it easier. It can be a pain the first time you mes with the hammer block.

Edit: here is a video that a member recommended, I didn't watch it all so I'm not sure if he shows the hammer block.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T-z59HDeTk&list=FLvXvxUWAN5846rQL4P6-zzg&index=4&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I was just figuring it out. My hammer lock spring is coiled around the hammer spring. Do you know if these two springs are supposed to be linked together like this? From looking at the diagrams it doesn't appear they are, but I don't wanna unlink them until I'm certain. Thanks for the link, and I'll search for the recent thread you mentioned as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good vid. I actually found it a little bit ago. Wish I woulda watched it beforehand.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the thread you were speaking of. I think I now understand what I need to do,but as I am not a coffee drinker it's gonna have to wait til I can get to the gas station to get a straw :)

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
No the hammer block and hammer springs should not be touching in any way.

I tried to find that thread but I haven't had any luck yet, if I find it I'll let you know.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
image-1288408777.jpg

Thanks. I found the thread by searching "coffee straw." I made this pic so that hopefully someone like me will see it and not make the same mistake. It doesn't sound as though it will be too hard of a fix. It'll just take a little time and patience on my part. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
image-393598421.jpg

So I tried the coffee straw idea but instead used a small Allen wrench. Worked out nicely and wasn't difficult at all. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Good deal.

I think I had to change the hammer block on all four of my KT pistols, they are older models. Now that I think about it I think I used a small punch to do the same thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts