Neck holster use

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by phair12, Dec 17, 2010.

1. phair12

phair12 New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I am familiar with rigs like this [​IMG]

so here is my question. has anyone seen a video on how to draw a holster like this. I like the idea however I dont see the practicality as far as drawing it.

2. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    That ain't for me. With my luck the either to cord around my neck would break or I'd end up shooting myself in the chest. :-/

3. JR37

JR37 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    You might get wrapped up in the cord and strangle your self. Headlines read, "CCW strangles owner."

Life is short, be happy

4. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    I have one. It don't point at your head or your chest. Just grip it and while holding level pull down.( The para cord I use ain't going to break)it pops out of the kydex and is ready for use, makes a good BUG carry.
    I would not use this around PTO type equipment or any place I wouldn't wear a tie...

5. phair12

phair12 New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Do you carry it with buttonup shirts only? or do you pull it from the bottom? or what exactly

6. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    It is carried under what ever shirt I might be wearing. I reach in under ,grip it and pull straight down still holding level. I have seen some made that point the gun straight up, not for me...   The ones that are level or tipped with the but end down a few degrees are what I use.
    I had a Grandfather Oak I ended up giving to a friend and another one made by a board member . I only use this carry method as a backup (normally in warm weather ) and have other means for other guns/holsters as seasonal clothing allows. A smartcarry or IWB and a neck holster allows for double carry in shorts an a tee shirt.
    I believe in back up magazine carry , I just chose to carry them in a back up gun , YMMV