Ne be, Is there anything wrong with 1st gen?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by ss1, Oct 4, 2007.

1. ss1

ss1 New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    New to forum, have read many of the posts. I bought a new, what appears to be a 1st generation 3pat, 380, a few years ago. I have yet to get around to shooting it. Is there anything about the 1st G, that would make me NOT want to shoot or keep it? I don't plan on shooting it very much, just use it as a back up to my carry pistol. I take my CHL with Walther PPKS, and carry 5 shot revolver. hammer on empty. [4 shots]. I have a few other hand guns. Approaching 70yrs, I don't shoot as much as I used too. I guess, what I am asking, is it safe and reliable?? Your advice will be appreciated!!

2. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    safe yes, i carry with one in the chamber...reliable, you have to shoot it to see...if it isn't, it can be made to be here...if it can't, there is a life time kt warrente...if that don't work i'll give you a $100 for it....gpr

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    What gpr said.

For reliablity, the areas were in feed and extraction that were adressed by reprofiling the feed ramp, the barrel hood and the extractor. As for the KT warrenaty, I recall post where a 1G was replaced with a 2G. Therefore before send it back to KT, you might want to post it for sale here since a lot think the 1G is a better pistol with the needed touches

4. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Welcome ss1. There are lots and lots of people here that will assist you with all your questions.

wyo-man

5. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    The main problem with the 1G model is that it is so light and small. It's hard to grip well without a mag extension and it's lighter than a 2G model, so it's VERY easy to limp wrist it and have operator induced malfunctions.

You will need to shoot it just to train yourself to shoot it properly.

It is NOT unsafe to shoot. (Unless you load it with Magsafe ammo.)

Packer.