Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

What date would work best for you, for KTOG Nationals in Florida?

• Mon-Wed June 25-27

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Mon-Wed July 16-18

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Fri-Sunday July 13-15

Votes: 7 38.9%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Since there was a 3 way tie on the last poll, we need to hammer out these dates. I am ONLY putting the 3 choices that tied. This poll will only be going until the end of this month.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTHPAUL
1. Full auto. Yes
2. .50 cal. Yes
3. Tannerite targets. Yes
4. Police our own. Yes, with the proper ratio of RSO's to shooters
5. Gunsmith/ Gun shop. Yes

Problems-
A. Permanent covered area with full reservation Mon-Wed only. Otherwise only an allotted amount of space would be available.
B. Canopie area farther away from Gunshop area. Can be reservd on weekends.
C.The first Saturday and the third Sunday are reserved for IDPA Shoots.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x596 and weights 87KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x596 and weights 88KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x596 and weights 112KB.

The covered range area is 200yds on the left 50yds on th right for pistol.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x596 and weights 82KB.

Anywhere else on the range would be canopied with as much needed and they said no shortage of tables. This area is further from the GS but does allow direct drive up. Range lengths vary as they are set up for different situational shooting i.e. approach and shoot, down into ditch with steel targets etc.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x596 and weights 91KB.

There's also the junk area. Mostly only 90 meters but to the right of the car it could be set for the .50 only area at 200yds.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x596 and weights 91KB.

Moved the info about the range to the new poll site

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0mNkix4Xnk[/ame]

A little entertainment while we await the results ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Gotta love entertainment.... especially the Bugs and Daffy show....

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Here is the link to the ranges site http://www.okshooting.com

I just checked the site and it appears we lost Jun 25-27 to a Youth Day Camp. And it also looks as if there are things on the board for the 13-15 Jul, but I don't know if that interferes with us. I'll call tomorrow and see what's up and also see if the youth day is on the range or the gallery side.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Talked to the range and the Youth Camp is pretty much spread throughout the whole range and even though they said there should be room enough, I don't think we should gamble on it IMO. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
A little more detail...youth camp? Gamble on what?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Well basically, if we reserved the Jul 16-18, and you visited the ranges site it would read KTOG Meet. Which means we would have priority over any second comers. As of now the Youth Day Camp has dibs from Jun 25-28 as it reads. After talking to Deanna at thge range, she said they would probably be spread throughout the entire range. Meaning they'd be on the gallery, the skeet, the rifle/pistol etc. What specifically am I not covering? Kinda unsure what you mean Rick:cool:

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Exactly what you just said. A little more info.

Doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I know that a weekend is best for most people but if we get use of the range on Mon - Wed July 16 -18 it is my understanding that the range would be closed to all but us KTOG'ers. That would be sweet!!! Yeah, I don't like to share if I don't have to... hehe....

·
Registered
28 Posts
This sounds like allot of fun! Any of the days will work with me provided there is enough notice to request off from work.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Up front, what are we gonna do with the June votes? Since the poll doesn't show who voted for Jun 25-27, and we can't just apply them to a Mon-Wed timeline, let them vote openly and count them. Anybody have a problem with this?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I know that a weekend is best for most people but if we get use of the range on Mon - Wed July 16 -18 it is my understanding that the range would be closed to all but us KTOG'ers. That would be sweet!!! Yeah, I don't like to share if I don't have to... hehe....
Yeah! What Spud said.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Come on people!!! There are more than 13 people in Florida that could or would go to Okeechobee to shoot for 2 or 3 days... And I would expect a few out of towners to be there as well... Pick a slot... VOTE!!! Lets get this thing in stone and start planning the BBQ... Heck, if we can get at least 25 people to confirm they are going to the National Kel Tec meet up/shoot'em up, shoot out, whatever you want to call it......I will bring a Chine Box and Pig, if others will chip in and make it a meal!!! I just need to know how many people I will be feeding on Tues evening, July 17 or Saturday the 14th. Hehe..... the power of influence... Good Food!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Sure doesn't seem to be much interest in having a National shoot in Florida.

What's going on KTOG???

1 - 20 of 51 Posts