Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some one's help in Nashville to put the finishing touches on a pf9. Anybody have a recommendation?

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked over the site. It would seem that as of mid march he is about three weeks out on current orders. This might inspire me to follow some directions from the forum and bust out the dremel. Mixed feelings about doing that on my edc gun though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think I'd keep the Dremel in its case for now; too easy to remove too much metal. Use some fine sandpaper to polish the feed ramp and the trigger bar

·
Registered
78 Posts
How necessary is it to polish the feed ramp? I've put about 400 rounds through mine and that ramp looks like a mirror. I can't really see what good sanding would do...

Maybe mine just broke in really well...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi. I an new to Kel-Tec and KTOG. I an purchasing apfv tomorrow and want to know more about this" fluff and buff". Also I have chosen a pf9 because of the reviews of it being the moose dependable and accurate ccw on the market. Do you all agree?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi. I an new to Kel-Tec and KTOG. I an purchasing apfv tomorrow and want to know more about this" fluff and buff". Also I have chosen a pf9 because of the reviews of it being the moose dependable and accurate ccw on the market. Do you all agree?
Now you've done it. And welcome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The only thing I used the Dremel for was to apply polishing compound to the feed ramp and barrel hood. This was after extensive use of many fine grits of sandpaper.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Agree, and welcome.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Range report! ! ! ! Just came in from from putting the first 50 through my first Kel Tec.....all I can say is what a wonderful little gun. No issues what so ever. And accurate?? ? ? 43 out of 50 on the 9 or better at 15 yds ! ! ! ! . Ok, I threw 3 off the paper doing some target acquisition and Quickfire at 7 yds. Great job Kel Tec....love it!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for asking, I'm almost scared to say. The last time i said my pf9 ran flawlessly the wheels fell off the reliable wagon.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am sorry to hear that. I an amazed how some have no issues and some can't stop having issues. I will say I do believe Kel Tec make a quality product but I know that only goes so far. I truly hope it can be resolved for you. I used federal fmj's 115 gr. In mine if you haven't tried then yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts