Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cars, trucks, etc..
Or, any single small part, like a bolt, regardless of cost.
Take it off and you ain't goin nowhere.
I can think of several but I will start with this:
Tire stem valve
upload_2020-5-13_7-53-58.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just find it amazing that we buy vehicles costing thirty thousand dollars, and more, that are completely useless without a part that costs less than $1 in many cases!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Cars, trucks, etc..
Or, any single small part, like a bolt, regardless of cost.
Take it off and you ain't goin nowhere.
I can think of several but I will start with this:

Tire stem valve
View attachment 48640
A car will "run" without it. Slowly as you limp down the road but it will run. Sorry. I'm a nit picker. LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A car will "run" without it. Slowly as you limp down the road but it will run. Sorry. I'm a nit picker. LOL.
You're not wrong, Fez. But most vehicles are intended to run at speeds exceeding 5mph.
You may be the exception, but, I digress. ;)

Reactions: fez

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
How about the piece of wire that connect to the ignition key, or the piece of wire that serves as the power lead to the computer, etc.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I've been thinking for the last 4 hours & I can't come up with much of anything from a parts store that costs less than $3. Much less anything that will keep it from limping home.

OH WAIT!!! That last gallon of gas you need to get to where you can coast on in.

edit to replace 54 with 4:oops:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
you won't go far if the shutoff valve in the radiator locks shut. I dunno if they run 5 bucks now but its a cheap pos part.
Radiator cap and gas cap can cause some cars to not go too far.
lot of cars have a crappy little sensor that if it goes bad the computer wont let the engine run. I lost one and it was a few bucks + $100+ labor to find and fix.
various belts are cheap but necessary.
etc
the more modern the car, the more little thingys that can bring down the whole works there are. Old ones, just a few key bits.

·
Grand Poobah
2,249 Posts
My old Dodge had a fuel relay fuse/switch that costs $1.25 I kept a few of them in the glove box.Every once in a while the Dodge would just cut off for no reason, I'd just jump out pop the hood and pull the old one out and put a new one in... Come to find out the fuel pump needed to be replaced, and that was it's way of telling me it needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My old Dodge had a fuel relay fuse/switch that costs $1.25 I kept a few of them in the glove box.Every once in a while the Dodge would just cut off for no reason, I'd just jump out pop the hood and pull the old one out and put a new one in... Come to find out the fuel pump needed to be replaced, and that was it's way of telling me it needed to be replaced.
Beat me to it, by just a few seconds.

·
Grand Poobah
2,249 Posts
I used the left over ones in my driving lights, relay.

Reactions: IamScotticus
1 - 20 of 53 Posts