Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this for a while, old surplus M57 that had arias of bluing mostly worn off on the slide. Didn't want to re blue it so I painted the upper, dark earth camo paint with a satin clear coat. I'm still debating doing all the metal parts.

Yes I know, some of you would consider this sacrilege and that's okay, to each their own.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

here’s mine… bakalite plastic grips and the worst safety in the history of firearms. After about 200 rounds and some polishing mine started liking hollow point ammo. After the grips, I’d like to clean up the trigger pull.
These guns are one of my favorite 1911 variants, I’m pleased w mine after only spending $220…7.62x25 is also a great cartridge, I’d love to find any of the carbines/sub-guns chambered in this caliber. It punches well above its weight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 55989

here’s mine… bakalite plastic grips and the worst safety in the history of firearms. After about 200 rounds and some polishing mine started liking hollow point ammo. After the grips, I’d like to clean up the trigger pull.
These guns are one of my favorite 1911 variants, I’m pleased w mine after only spending $220…7.62x25 is also a great cartridge, I’d love to find any of the carbines/sub-guns chambered in this caliber. It punches well above its weight.
I used to have a PPS 43-C in 7.62x25 but I sold it many years ago. Had the original chest pouches and 7 35 round magazines. Wish I hadn't but we needed the money at the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to have a PPS 43-C in 7.62x25 but I sold it many years ago. Had the original chest pouches and 7 35 round magazines. Wish I hadn't but we needed the money at the time.
Oh and I removed the safety on mine, it's basically worthless junk that was added to meet import regs. You'll notice the grip hides the hole where it was. I also had to cut off that side lanyard ring to get the grip to fit.

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
I like everything that I see except for the stock sights.

Put a different set of sights on it, and maybe figured out a way to get a double stack magazine in that rascal and I'm in.

As long as I'm wishing, might as well wish that it was a micro RDS sight as well. :)

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.