Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After selling my first Sub2k last year, I decided to get me another one and this time it will not leave my hands.

Accesories:
1) Chinese Red/Green Dot (will be replaced for a smaller one soon)
2) Mini Red Laser
3) AAA 115 lumens mini flashlight
4) Keltec butt stock extender
5) Keltec Sling (not pictured)
6) Front Folding Grip

Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Soooo, the mini-rail on the buttstock is to hold the red dot sight until you mount it after unfolding?

Clever.

I like your treatment of the sight rail along with the laser/flashlight rail.

Well done.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I too like that weaver attached to the buttstock. Does it stay solid with so little material? Just a sidenote- any plans for back-up sights? Batteries only last so long :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I too like that weaver attached to the buttstock. Does it stay solid with so little material? Just a sidenote- any plans for back-up sights? Batteries only last so long :)
Im thinking on installing the rear sight and trim the plastic so it will be always down "flat" and raise it when need it, and buy a front foldable AR style sight in the front. I'm still deciding, but laser and reddot uses 2 different sources of battery for now I'm cover :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Soooo, the mini-rail on the buttstock is to hold the red dot sight until you mount it after unfolding?

Clever.

I like your treatment of the sight rail along with the laser/flashlight rail.

Well done.
The mini rail is hold by 2 screws it holds perfectly, I drilled and taped the plastic and its very strong, I did it like that so I can fold the sub2k and put in my backpack with the red dot attached in the butt stock "no loose parts" :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
tell us about that scope mount, I have never seen that, did you buy it or make it? Thats the best mount I have seen yet..... (my sub2K MUST fold)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please tell us!

Ya, what is that scope mount and can you tell us the brands of your light, laser and the butt stock mini weaver you have? Also, which quick release do you have on the optic? Great setup!

Thanks for any info.

·
Super Moderator
17,762 Posts
That's it. It is made by UTG as a single rail clamp. They also make a tri-rail clamp in 3 or 5 slots, for rifle or shotgun use, as well as a quad rail. You need to make sure you are getting a rifle mount. Shotgun is too large to clamp down on the barrel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will you tell us the brands of your light/laser/mount and a source to buy if from. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great Idea there on the rail, I'm definitely going to be getting one of those... I plan to drill and tap the rail in two spots for a couple set screws to make sure there is no movment... My guess is it wouldn't move, but i figure better safe than sorry....

With today's quick detach mounts, I see no reason to have a rail that can pivot to fold, especialy since that would complicate storing the gun in a backpack.... I like the idea of a little rail on the butt to hold the optic when in storage....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts