Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Repair at KT won't cost much, $50?? You may get a second generation back in return tho.

It's Sunday there will be other folks, more knoledgeable than me on here. Give KTOG a couple of days.

You will need a new hammer spring, that one has a kink in it now.

If you do end up selling it put it on the KTOG Trading post after you get 25 posts (min req'd). You will get the best price for it on here. There are folks that prefer the First Gen over the second. One ounce lighter & a little slimmer. Yours appears to be chrome, that is rare rare rare.
Hopefully Kel-Tec will get back to me this week. At this point I don’t care about it being rare or a g1. I just want a functional p32. I need it for work. I have to have the smallest option available and this is a much better option over the LCP. Hope things go right for me.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Honestly, I would buy it for the price you paid and fix it myself.

It will take some elbow grease and Honestly, a bit more mallet work.

There are no rare keltecs, hard to get, yes. But nothing rare.

The first reply to your thread had the best suggestion. I also had this happen on one occasion back in 2005ish, and...set about with a mallet - I cannot remember the exact cause, I want to say it was the spring/ slide release-but again, cannot remember specifics

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Honestly, I would buy it for the price you paid and fix it myself.

It will take some elbow grease and Honestly, a bit more mallet work.
Well I’m gonna see what keltec says. Sent them an email. My issue is, even if I sell it, I can NOT seem to find another one. Didn’t know it would be so hard to find in the first place. I have to have it for work and I really really don’t wanna go the LCP route

·
Registered
756 Posts
Well I’m gonna see what keltec says. Sent them an email. My issue is, even if I sell it, I can NOT seem to find another one. Didn’t know it would be so hard to find in the first place. I have to have it for work and I really really don’t wanna go the LCP route
The lcp/lcr are actually solid guns, and I do not like ruger as a general rule

However, I do understand.

Have you considered a SW shield?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The lcp/lcr are actually solid guns, and I do not like ruger as a general rule

However, I do understand.

Have you considered a SW shield?
I am not a fan of the shield. LCP 1 weighs a little more than a p32 I believe, but isn’t as snappy, plus I like the extra round AND I can still find plenty of 32acp locally.

I decided to get a p32 because like I said previously, I need the smallest lightest pistol possible and it came down to p32 vs LCP

·
Registered
756 Posts
I am not a fan of the shield. LCP 1 weighs a little more than a p32 I believe, but isn’t as snappy, plus I like the extra round AND I can still find plenty of 32acp locally.

I decided to get a p32 because like I said previously, I need the smallest lightest pistol possible and it came down to p32 vs LCP
Makes perfect sense! Wish you well for sure!

If I find my notes from those years ill share the fix I had.-

·
Registered
568 Posts
This mess (circled) should not be there -

1 g p32.jpg

Looks like another spring broke and got jammed up there, could be a recoil spring or firing pin spring? Or the hammer block spring not secured on the pin?

The hammer spring also needs to be replaced (gap/twisted)

·
Registered
568 Posts
As you lower the aluminum frame into the plastic grip, just before it's fully seated you'll need to push the hammer block forward using a small punch from behind (just under your serial number, between the frame and grip) so the hammer sits correctly on it - then go ahead and finish reassembly by re-tensioning the hammer spring and reinstalling your two frame pins.

P1090899.JPG

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well if anyone has a lead on a p32.....cough cough let me know :D
Wait to hear from Kel-tec.
I bought a new P32 ~ a year ago. While breaking in I had the slide jam back after the last round. Couldn't free it, called Kel-tec, tech said to try a couple of things, I wanted to try some others, nope - void warranty, sent it back, got it back within 2 weeks, working fine since. No charge except me shipping it to them.
Repair sheet said they replaced some springs & also polished the feed ramp. I'm happy with Kel-tec so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It looks like this may have been apart before it came to live with you.

check to make sure your trigger is Installed correctly and in good order while you are in there this far.

Here is some info if you have not seem it yet.

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/disassembly.htm

These are great little firearms one you get comfortable with how the little puzzle works.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts