Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here. Got a p32 and lastnight I went to take it apart. I took the pin out, but now my slide is froze in this position.

C6752719-B85B-483C-AEFE-6A0443FC4F17.jpeg

0B193680-DD6D-4FD6-A15B-38F96DD6F185.jpeg

I have read all sorts of posts from the internet and can’t fix it. I’m a little disappointed, or maybe I did something wrong. Hope these photos can help. Thanks everyone.

3CCD2B79-7D29-43D0-8AC9-47174FC35BF0.jpeg

1109A4A8-0E9E-40E5-8917-960904189E2D.jpeg

54A29C59-8362-4CDC-B78F-7A7231F47154.jpeg

·
Registered
16 Posts
greetings...

looks like the slide went backward when it should have gone forward... now the barrel slide frame are bound up...

if this happened to me... to unbind it...i would put some tape at the rear of the slide to prevent marring and gently tap the rear of the slide forward with a rubber mallet while holding the grip tight...

azj

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
greetings...

looks like the slide went backward when it should have gone forward... now the barrel slide frame are bound up...

if this happened to me... to unbind it...i would put some tape at the rear of the slide to prevent marring and gently tap the rear of the slide forward with a rubber mallet while holding the grip tight...

azj
I’ll give it another shot. I tried that with a brass hammer lastnight and nothing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
greetings...

if a tap didnt break it free i would wait till somebody has a better idear... maybe have to call keltec..

that looks like a fine p32... i would not wanna f it up with a hammer...

azj

·
Registered
82 Posts
I own Gen 1 and 2 pistols and have not had this happen to me. I suggest calling Kel-Tec tomorrow before trying anything else.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
You haven't wasted $200. You just have a little problem. This gun has a last shot hold open unlike the P3AT.

Pull the slide to the rear & release, It should move forward.

However looking at your 3rd pic that wadded up spring looking thing ain't right. look up in of the mag well The hammer spring should run from the bottom of the grip up to the hammer area & be visible at the rear of the well. It looks like that spring is broke.

If you can take a pic up the well post it. This is a pretty simple fix.

I'll check back here a little later.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You haven't wasted $200. You just have a little problem. This gun has a last shot hold open unlike the P3AT.

Pull the slide to the rear & release, It should move forward.

However looking at your 3rd pic that wadded up spring looking thing ain't right. look up in of the mag well The hammer spring should run from the bottom of the grip up to the hammer area & be visible at the rear of the well. It looks like that spring is broke.

If you can take a pic up the well post it. This is a pretty simple fix.
B1283C05-E8EF-4EB4-955C-BFD5B1C92F84.jpeg

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just disassembled mine. Seems possible you either jammed the link of the barrel down into the frame or the guide pin might have gotten twisted in there. Have you tried pulling forward on the barrel to see if you can dislodge it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just disassembled mine. Seems possible you either jammed the link of the barrel down into the frame or the guide pin might have gotten twisted in there. Have you tried pulling forward on the barrel to see if you can dislodge it?
Yes. Barrel moves a little back and fourth but does nothing

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the spring in the mag well suppose to look like that? Or is that my issue?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I think I made it worse. Manage to pop the little cap out the mag well base and took out the pins, and it came out of the frame. Slide can now be cycled LOL. Guess I need to see if I can put this back together or if I’m SOL

B8835F12-2368-409E-98EF-5300884B525C.jpeg

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you lock the slide open before removing the pin? Is it possible the slide lock lever is stuck?

I don’t lock the slide open, mainly because I usually don’t have an empty magazine handy. I hold it back with my hand as I pry out the pin. Maybe that’s why I never experienced your problem. .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems I’ve just made everything worse. Will wait to hear back from keltec. Hope I didn’t buy a used POS. Was really looking forward to getting one of these.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
The slide lock is part of the ejector. Thats the little finger on the left side of the gun at the breech face. Yours is in the up position. Press down on that finger or pry gently on the stop itself (the bend under the edge of the slide) from the outside since you have the frame out while pulling rearward on the slide.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Depending what KT says since I am not the original owner, if it gets to pricey I may just sale it as is for a huge loss. Extremely disappointed. I can’t seem to find any for sale either. Took me months to find this one.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Repair at KT won't cost much, $50?? You may get a second generation back in return tho.

It's Sunday there will be other folks, more knoledgeable than me on here. Give KTOG a couple of days.

You will need a new hammer spring, that one has a kink in it now.

If you do end up selling it put it on the KTOG Trading post after you get 25 posts (min req'd). You will get the best price for it on here. There are folks that prefer the First Gen over the second. One ounce lighter & a little slimmer. Yours appears to be chrome, that is rare rare rare.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought an early Gen 1 at an auction and sent it to KT because the magazine well was causing mags to bind making it difficult Uly to remove them. They fixed it for no charge, didn’t even charge me for the return shipping.

Reactions: Knight
1 - 20 of 42 Posts