Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for some advise on what is going on with my RDB

I have had it fail on me twice during a rifle match, the first time my rail came loose on the last course and I was having a problem dropping mags the same day.
I took it to Kel tec and had the rail tightened to spec

the last match i went to it shot great and I only dropped a mag once.
but a couple times it wouldn't pick up a round and I had to check the mag and rack it again. I marked the p mag in question in case it was the problem. The weird thing was it seamed to only do this on 30rd pmags. I ran a 40rd pmag first and when I did a mag change to the 30 the problems would start.

Today when I went to the range to check out the gun and my mags it wouldn't hold the bolt open on the last round once ever 3 or 4 mags.

I'm just plain frustrated to the point I might trade this gun in on an AR. I will hate to do that but if i cant rely on it what's the point of owning it.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Yea.
The rail is a well known issue.
The fix is to apply thread locker to the screws. The rear most screw is holding the rear loosely with a lock washer to allow movement.

For the magazine issue, I have some info here:
https://www.thektog.org/threads/rdb-magazine-retention-issue.268043/

My solution for this is
(1) only run the mags that work
(2) shape the mag catch to fit better into the mag catch holes.
Put a watch on that thread so you see my update, eventually...

Reactions: Dfan1

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Thanks Iamscottasus for the advice!!!!
Oh, sorry i don't have any help for the bolt hold open. I haven't had a problem yet.
But i have noticed its is part of a long armature that pivots in front of the mag well. Fairly complex.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, sorry i don't have any help for the bolt hold open. I haven't had a problem yet.
But i have noticed its is part of a long armature that pivots in front of the mag well. Fairly complex.
I'm wondering if its mag related too, When I go back to the range next I'll pull out the mags that are doing it and see if that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.